Wiki Posts
Search

10 hour Frankfurt layover

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1k, Marriott / Bonvoy: Platinum
10 hour Frankfurt layover

I’ve got a 10 hour layover starting at 9:30 AM (SEA -> FRA, FRA -> IST). Is this long enough to go into the city? Any advice on storing a backpack and one carry on at the airport? Also, any concerns for immigration?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Hergertarian
I’ve got a 10 hour layover starting at 9:30 AM (SEA -> FRA, FRA -> IST). Is this long enough to go into the city? Any advice on storing a backpack and one carry on at the airport? Also, any concerns for immigration?
More than enough time, the airport is only 15 minutes away from Frankfurt by train (S8/S9). You could also go to Mainz or Wiesbaden which are more 'historical' (in the opposite direction from the airport as Frankfurt city).

Airport has luggage storage. It is reasonably priced and well signposted.

Immigration is very easy, just tell them you have a long layover and would like to go into the city. Assuming you are admissible into the Schengen area this should not be a problem, FRA is a major transit hub and lots of people (including myself) have done this trip.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
in addition to Agneisse’s suggestions if you search for “FRA layover” in the Germany forum you will find pleanty of ideas.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, thanks all!

Also, I’ll be flying over in Lufthansa business. Any chance at a shower or arrivals lounge?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes to both. Welcome Lounge.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am not sure if you will get the same thing I get whenever I arrive in Europe at the morning hours: Being hit by jetlag and just want a decent bed to catch some sleep.

If so get yourself a day room in any of the nearby hotels instead of going to town.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA and Long layover in FRA:what to do? and Towns near FRA for daytime layover in winter and 10 hour layover in FRA on a Sunday and ...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.