How much longer will LH fly the A380?

Old Mar 16, 19, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

That also has my vote itís the best F product on LH
agreed. Much better than the b.s. AF is selling as F. LH has a very competitive product and they know that ... so they'll keep it for a while.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 19, 1:12 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
agreed. Much better than the b.s. AF is selling as F. LH has a very competitive product and they know that ... so they'll keep it for a while.
LetĎs hope you are right ...
Old Mar 17, 19, 1:17 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
AF F is bs?
From what Iíve seen in reports, on both F in air and the lounge in Paris, it hardly looks like bs. I certainly am a big fan of LH, and especially their F, but one should be realistic. Despite not having tried AF F, Iím under the impression theyíre among the top ones, especially as far as food is concerned?
Old Mar 17, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, United
I think the A380 F is subpar. The 77W F looks pretty lovely. And from what I've read, it hardly seems BS.

I also think LH F is starting to show its age.
Kleffen likes this.
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:29 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
I also think LH F is starting to show its age.
Where is LH F showing its age? Aside a few minor usage signs it is still as good and as comfortable as it was in the beginning.
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Where is LH F showing its age? Aside a few minor usage signs it is still as good and as comfortable as it was in the beginning.
For starters, the screen is tiny. I donít know this for sure but I think my next gen iPad Pro is basically the same size from edge to edge.

The privacy screen is also weird. It feels half assed. Might as well go to a more enclosed suite a la LX.

And I donít think LH disagrees, given their stated intention of upgrading F in the coming years to match LX.
Old Mar 19, 19, 8:23 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post

For starters, the screen is tiny. I donít know this for sure but I think my next gen iPad Pro is basically the same size from edge to edge.

The privacy screen is also weird. It feels half assed. Might as well go to a more enclosed suite a la LX.

And I donít think LH disagrees, given their stated intention of upgrading F in the coming years to match LX.
I still see LX B777 and LH A380/346 on par. Just forget about B748. But both concepts have some pros and some cons. I often read about the screen. I believe the screen is important in (boring) Economy, but why would I need a larger and larger screen in First. More flickering that disturbs in the cabin? On all my very many flights I've recognized people are dining, people are sleeping, and people are working on their latop or handwritten notes. That's it about first. Of course a movie here and there, but do the addtional 2 or 3 inches really make a difference?

I like the open LH concept over all that suite narrowness. It is nice with LH having the raising screens and it closes much of the seat/bed. Great for me, I can sleep very well and I have no issues not having a fully closed seat/bed.

I have not heard a single note yet that LH is going to upgrade the first class cabin. Aside the fact that we will soon only see first class in 27 of more than 100 longhaul aircrafts there is just Spohr's statement to keep first class at 50%. Magic math in my opinion. Well and some unconfirmed rumours to decrease the number of F seats.
Old Mar 19, 19, 9:25 am

On one hand, I'm sympathetic with your view. On the other hand... this is F. There should be no compromises... right? Even if you personally don't use the screen (and honestly I use my iPad almost all the time), there should still be an amazing screen unless and until the general market moves toward no screens at all.
Old Mar 19, 19, 9:49 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
I still see LX B777 and LH A380/346 on par. Just forget about B748. But both concepts have some pros and some cons. I often read about the screen. I believe the screen is important in (boring) Economy, but why would I need a larger and larger screen in First. More flickering that disturbs in the cabin? On all my very many flights I've recognized people are dining, people are sleeping, and people are working on their latop or handwritten notes. That's it about first. Of course a movie here and there, but do the addtional 2 or 3 inches really make a difference?

I like the open LH concept over all that suite narrowness. It is nice with LH having the raising screens and it closes much of the seat/bed. Great for me, I can sleep very well and I have no issues not having a fully closed seat/bed.

I have not heard a single note yet that LH is going to upgrade the first class cabin. Aside the fact that we will soon only see first class in 27 of more than 100 longhaul aircrafts there is just Spohr's statement to keep first class at 50%. Magic math in my opinion. Well and some unconfirmed rumours to decrease the number of F seats.
For me LH F is showing itís age, much prefer LX777 suites, more privacy & most of my longhaul are long so itís nice to watch a movie whilst Iím dining & the screen on LH is too small & the quality of screen is also showing its age.
LH F is now one of the older products out there without any ongoing upgrades.....
Old Mar 19, 19, 10:51 pm

Open Season On The Airbus A380; Lufthansa Latest Airline To Dump Jet

Looks like they're already getting rid of them
Old Mar 20, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
Open Season On The Airbus A380; Lufthansa Latest Airline To Dump Jet

Looks like they're already getting rid of them
For now: some of them ...