Lufthansa first lounge Frankfurt

Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinm016
Arriving Air Canada - departing Lufthansa
Air Canada flights arrive in B. If you have a same day LH F boarding pass you can go to the FCL B though you need to clear transfer security. You can stay put until departure of your LH flight but I don’t recommend spending the whole day in a lounge. I suggest you leave the FCL and go into the city or at least move to the FCT at some point. If you decide to stay in the FCL B they’ll drive to your LH flight as long as it doesn’t leave from a B gate.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Is this a fair summary (without leaving the airport)?
  1. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> depart (likely walk)
  2. Arrive AC @ B gates --> walk + more pleasant transfer security --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
  3. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
Probably #2 is the best option for variety and experience (and skip the day room in a hotel).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
  1. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> depart (likely walk)
  2. Arrive AC @ B gates --> walk + more pleasant transfer security --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
  3. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
Probably #2 is the best option for variety and experience (and skip the day room in a hotel).
3. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> FCT security --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)

You can't get into FCT while keeping clean.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

1. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc. if departure gate is not B)
2. Arrive AC @ B gates --> passport control > walk + more pleasant transfer security --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
3. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> passport control > FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)

2 will give you two opportunities to collect FCL/FCT ducks.
kevinm016 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
1. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc. if departure gate is not B)
2. Arrive AC @ B gates --> passport control > walk + more pleasant transfer security --> FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)
3. Arrive AC @ B gates --> transfer security --> FCL (B) --> passport control > FCT --> depart (P/MB/BMW etc)

You probably mean 3 gives you two opportunities to collect ducks
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by chris63
However there are only 2 dayrooms in each of the F lounges on a First come basis so, if sleeping is important go to the B lounge & if they dont have available dayrooms the PAs can call the other lounges to check availability.
I have always managed to get a room, although often the last one available.

We should probably also mention that the FRA day rooms are strictly only for a nap if one is desperate to get some shuteye, unlike the wonderful rooms at the FCL at ZRH in E.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
You probably mean 3 gives you two opportunities to collect ducks
Correct! Blame the fat finger.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:11 am

Correct! Blame the fat finger.
I wouldnt even have dared to consider the thought ...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

This is my favorite flyertalk response for some time.

I suppose they'd be the same ducks? I know they change up the ducks from time to time but likely at different times rather than in different lounges...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:44 pm

This is my favorite flyertalk response for some time.

I suppose they'd be the same ducks? I know they change up the ducks from time to time but likely at different times rather than in different lounges...
Right now, its mostly black standard ducks. But there will be Easter ducks, summer holiday, Octoberfest ducks etc. but supply levels are very inconsistent.
kevinm016 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Right now, its mostly black standard ducks. But there will be Easter ducks, summer holiday, Octoberfest ducks etc. but supply levels are very inconsistent.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

I have always managed to get a room, although often the last one available.

We should probably also mention that the FRA day rooms are strictly only for a nap if one is desperate to get some shuteye, unlike the wonderful rooms at the FCL at ZRH in E.
Yes, but not guaranteed, however there are 6 in total at FRA across the F lounges

The ZRH situation with LX is ridiculous, only 2 dayrooms, only in E FCL & on one occasion they were occupied for the entire day, 6am until 10pm for 2 F Pax, Father & Son on the same flights, go figure.... LH have the correct policy, be fair ^
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:08 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Yes, but not guaranteed, however there are 6 in total at FRA across the F lounges

The ZRH situation with LX is ridiculous, only 2 dayrooms, only in E FCL & on one occasion they were occupied for the entire day, 6am until 10pm for 2 F Pax, Father & Son on the same flights, go figure.... LH have the correct policy, be fair ^
Well Id give the benefit of the doubt there, maybe they did really sleep that long...

I mean Ive obce also occupied a dayroom from 6am to noon and slept all the way through.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:39 pm

The main mistake in ZRH was not to include day rooms in the new FCL in A, which would have given LX some wiggle room when the rooms in E are full.

LHs rooms could probably do with a bit of an upgrade. The leather bunks are not all that comfortable.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Well Id give the benefit of the doubt there, maybe they did really sleep that long...

I mean Ive obce also occupied a dayroom from 6am to noon and slept all the way through.
No, the LDs confirmed their plan was a nap, go into Zurich, leave their things in the dayrooms & come back later.
Incredibly selfish people 🤬

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.