Wiki Posts
Search

Can I use a part of a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Can I use a part of a ticket?

I am looking at flights to Dubrovnik and found a flight on LOT airlines that flies from ORD to Warsaw to Dubrovnik. But there is another flight that flies from ORD to Warsaw to Munich that is much cheaper. Could I check my bags thru Warsaw and not use the Munich portion and buy another ticket from Warsaw to Dubrovnik?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:49 am

Yes but (1) you would need a long layover in WAW to convince the agent to short check your bags and (2) you would forfeit the return part of your ticket.

EDIT: and (3) if WAW-MUC and WAW-DBV are with the same airline they might pick up on that and cancel either flight or both.

Last edited by malmostoso; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
In the current “climate”, I would think long and before risking it.

German district court rules in favor of pax in hidden city case
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LO most will run so called horizontal and vertical duplicate checks to ensure their revenue integrity is not hurt, so you may get a call asking what you are up to. Also the agent in ORD is very unlikely to short check your bags. The only way you could mitigate this is by booking a significanly long layover in WAW, like 15-20 hours.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:09 am

without checked luggage.....
otherwise I would do a consultation at the airports doc...., so much headache, isn't ist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.