LH Economy Flex

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

LH Economy Flex

Is seat selection free with LH Economy Flex? And can you change dates on the return flight with no fees?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by karns
Is seat selection free with LH Economy Flex? And can you change dates on the return flight with no fees?
Seat selection is free on Flex but look at the fare rules regarding changes, they have different types of Flex.
All benefits are displayed if your booking via LH.com & you can cancel free of charge within 24 hrs.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why would you purchase a much more expensive Eco Flex ticket? Even discounted Economy Classic fares (fares that include checked luggage and allow you to assign a seat) can be changed before departure for modest change fee (+ possible upfare if the original booking class is no longer available).
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:17 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you purchase a much more expensive Eco Flex ticket? Even discounted Economy Classic fares (fares that include checked luggage and allow you to assign a seat) can be changed before departure for modest change fee (+ possible upfare if the original booking class is no longer available).
One of the benefits of a FLEX ticket is (IMHO) the ability to do a same day change to an earlier and maybe even later flight without having to pay a change fee and the fare delta. This is especially valuable on the return portion of a ticket and/or if you are flying on a busy route with many daily flights. I did use FLEX tickets if I wanted to secure a modest fare far out, expecting a rather high probability that I need to rebook once or twice before actually using the ticket. Paying multiple change fees or fare deltas did offset the additional cost of the FLEX fare for me. Just my $.02
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: LH HON
But same day change effectively only works on non stops.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:28 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by daumueller
But same day change effectively only works on non stops.
Since I am based out of MUC 98% of my intra-european travel for work on LH (and *A) is nonstop. I do get your point, but it hardly ever applies to me. I haven't had a situation where personal travel forced me into booking FLEX fares.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by cas_de
Since I am based out of MUC 98% of my intra-european travel for work on LH (and *A) is nonstop. I do get your point, but it hardly ever applies to me. I haven't had a situation where personal travel forced me into booking FLEX fares.
then it works just fine. If you have a connection, it works in theory but you cant change the routing. In most cases it would only work though if you switch xxx-Fra-yyy for xxx-Muc-yyy or vv unless your plans changed dramatically and you fly in the morning instead of evening

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.