Search

Paid for seat selection, but unable to select seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue
Paid for seat selection, but unable to select seat

Hi,

I just booked a flight on lufthansa.com with Brussels airlines for OSL - BRU - AGP.

I paid the very little extra for the SN Economy Light & Relax package primarily to have seat selection. But when i go to select seats on lufthansa.com it says i can't select seats until check in. And on brusselsairlines.com it simply says seat selection isn't available.

Have i misunderstood the Light & Relax package, or is something wrong somewhere? Does it take a while to sync everything before i can select seats?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Just happened to me too and after having spent 24 minutes on the phone with CS in Brussels, I was told that paid seats were not guaranteed in case of a change of aircraft (ha ha !) and at Check-in my paid seats in row 10 now became seats in row 20 - Horrendous customer service (I spoke to the Supervisor too). It’s not the money it’s that this is a typical case of ripoff. Multiply paid seats by the number of flights a day and figure out the additional revenue with no service rendered. Sad ...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Just happened also to me with a LH ticket in C. Same message.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:28 am

Did you try the SN website? Perhaps same issue as with other *A bookings through LH website, you can’t allocate seats on UA or SK as well if bought on Lufthansa ticket stock.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Or maybe all 3 are sharing the same IT bugs as Swiss ... let’s hope not !
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Just happened also to me with a LH ticket in C. Same message.
Seat selections on LH C aren't paid.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by thirdfromright
Seat selections on LH C aren't paid.
And that is the weird part. Confirmed LH ticket with only LH's own flights booked via LH's website. And seat selection is not possible.

I anyway need to call them soon so I will also ask them then about that weird behavior.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Jainzar
And that is the weird part. Confirmed LH ticket with only LH's own flights booked via LH's website. And seat selection is not possible.

I anyway need to call them soon so I will also ask them then about that weird behavior.
Seat selection on lh.com is possible as soon as the ticket has been issued. If you (or a TA) have a booking held but not ticketed you can not select seats on the website.

But, as you say it is a lh.com booking that wouldn’t be the case unless you have the 24h hold. I’d call LH to ask & file a report as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.