Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Bird flight award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Early Bird flight award

Just come across this while looking at the M&M website on my iPhone (hence odd formatting).

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin..._hprevstg__mmp

Up to 65% mileage reduction with the Early Bird flight award

From 1 March 2019, the Early Bird flight award will offer early bookers the opportunity to travel for low mileage amounts (1).

- Book more than 90 days before departure.
- Fly from Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Zurich or Geneva.
- In Economy Class non-stop within Europe for 17,000 miles on domestic flights and 20,000 miles on continental flights.
- To numerous non-stop destinations worldwide for only 20,000, 30,000 or 40,000 miles.

Lufthansa

Early Bird routes for 20,000M

From Frankfurt am Main
To Amman, Baku, Boston, Cairo, Delhi, Dubai, Montreal, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, Tehran, Tel Aviv

From Munich
To Boston, Charlotte, New York

Early Bird routes for 30,000M

From Frankfurt am Main
To Austin, Bangkok, Beijing, Chicago, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Male, Mauritius, Mexico City, Miami, Orlando, Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco, Săo Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Tampa, Toronto, Washington

From Munich
To Bangkok, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Chicago, San Francisco, Singapur, Québec

Early Bird routes for 40,000M

From Frankfurt am Main
To Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Cancún, Cape Town, Johannesburg, San Diego, San José, Tokyo

Austrian Airlines

From Vienna
To Amman, Cairo, New York, Tehran, Tel Aviv

From Vienna
To Bangkok, Beijing, Chicago, Los Angeles, Male, Miami, Montreal, Shanghai, Washington

From Vienna
To Cape Town, Mauritius, Tokyo

SWISS

From Geneva
To New York

From Zurich
To Boston, Cairo, Dar es Salaam, Delhi, Dubai, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, New York, Tel Aviv

From Zurich
To Beijing, Chicago, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore

From Zurich
To Bangkok, Hong Kong, Săo Paulo, Tokyo

Terms and conditions

- Minimum stay of four days or the earliest possible return flight on the first Sunday after commencement of travel
- Only valid for non-stop flights
- Outbound and return flights can only be booked with the same airline
- Cannot be combined with other flight award products
- No rebookings or cancellations
- Maximum stay: three months

(1) Offer subject to change without prior notice. Availability may vary according to date, season and destination.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 25, 2019 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or in other words, use your hard-won miles to pay taxes higher than we are charging for K Class and dumpy dumpy on numerous markets.

The short haul amounts are truly absurd and they are discounted!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Testing the waters for inflexible awards.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I don't know, there could be some interesting applications here. I'm ready to give it the benefit of the doubt before totally writing it off. It just might be useful on a couple of occasions (I have no problem with Economy class). And its better than some of the Economy mileage bargains.

My first question, looking it through, was if these were round trip mileage values. And it seems they are. This is presumably a sweetener for the current devaluation.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Aren't these the regular millage bargains for economy? Maybe they are rethinking the bargains and are going to make them inflexible...
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Or in other words, use your hard-won miles to pay taxes higher than we are charging for K Class and dumpy dumpy on numerous markets.

The short haul amounts are truly absurd and they are discounted!
Exactly, insult to intelligence
Unterwegs likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LaikMaik
Aren't these the regular millage bargains for economy? Maybe they are rethinking the bargains and are going to make them inflexible...
But as far as I know, the bargains are already inflexible. You cannot rebook or cancel them. What about flying these Early Bird specials in the opposite direction? I suppose because it says "fly from Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Zurich or Geneva" that the journey has to START in one of those cities. I was thinking if you could book GRU-ZRH-GRU it could be potentially interesting!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:07 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I got an email from MM yesterday:

"Good bye FlySmart, hello Early Bird"

This is the info regarding Early Bird awards on the MM homepage:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...arly-bird.html

A lot of restrictions come with these awards.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's rubbish. I can't imagine anyone - who has got their head screwed on the right way - who would want to book an Early Bird special, or sees any value in it. I just wonder, once the Corona thing blows over, if any of these stupid decisions will be reversed.

While I know that fares generally are cheaper than they ever have been, I still found a lot of value in last minute Fly Smart awards. You could book economy or business, you could do open jaws, double open jaws. It was truly useful. Which is clearly why they removed it.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
It's rubbish. I can't imagine anyone - who has got their head screwed on the right way - who would want to book an Early Bird special, or sees any value in it. I just wonder, once the Corona thing blows over, if any of these stupid decisions will be reversed.

While I know that fares generally are cheaper than they ever have been, I still found a lot of value in last minute Fly Smart awards. You could book economy or business, you could do open jaws, double open jaws. It was truly useful. Which is clearly why they removed it.
Yes, fly smart was great value, 30k mikes for 4 segments in J, last minute , with simply ludicrous last minute pricing on revenue & HON benefits on the transfer, the cost to me wouldn’t cover their FCL bar tab
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Early Bird is offered only on selected flights from very few airports (WAW not included), so it's not really attractive.
Starting from June 2020 Fly Smart won't be offered on LH, LX, OS flights, but it will still be offered on LO flights.
However, LO has their own really attractive last minute mileage deals in Y for those residing in Poland and flying out of Warsaw (European flights 10,000 miles RT, USA 25,000 miles RT, Asia 35,000 miles RT).
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has FlySmart come back? I was researching last minute miles tickets from Germany to Geneva this evening and an option of a round trip Flysmart award for 20,000 miles appeared. There were several options in fact, including Eurowings flights which didn't used to be the case. That is useful, because there is a nonstop flight from DUS (and possibly from HAM as well). If Flysmart has come back, I view that as a positive development, a true enhancement in our favour.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Hello there,

Maybe someone can help me clarify this:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...arly-bird.html

Where is a functional link to this promo? And how does it actually works? Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere.
Google is pointing to an early bird promo from Sept22 (https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/earl...-september2022).
And if I follow the steps, there is nowhere the actual option to pay with a/m. Cash only.

Any clues?
And if you do, please let me know if it applies to J.

Thanks
Stefan
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Early bird redemption rates show up automatically during the online award search: 'early bird' replaced 'flysmart' some time ago. Its only for economy flights.

st8dm and MasterGberry like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.