Search

New mileage chart for redemptions starting May 9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
New mileage chart for redemptions starting May 9

The day has finally come (see https://www.frankfurtflyer.de/milesm...uege-teurer/):

https://www.miles-and-more.com/media...1051716003.pdf
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well at least it's not too extreme. Seems to be 7,000 more in Business and 12,000 more in First. And frankly, the program is so utterly devalued that if they run it down any more they might as well just close it. Not a single person I have met, including relatively frequent flyers, take M&M seriously as a loyalty programme and could never be bothered collecting the way we do. It's just not worth it, I repeatedly hear. I imagine the programme makes money somehow, because otherwise they really would close it down. TBH, I expected the next devaluation to consist of a combination of yet again raising those ridiculous bogus surcharges with an increasing paucity of award seats. I just wish, for once, I could say something solidly positive about M&M. But I just can't. I feel they are simply taking the mickey, taking us for fools.
airoli and ralfkrippner like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Thanks for letting us know.

Makes sense to increase the miles on the award chart just after they reduced the earning of award miles (for most of us) by moving to the revenue-based model.

Keter likes this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Jan 24, 2019 at 5:02 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Luckily I have only 8k miles in my M&M account

I switched to SQ Krisflyer last year and I am happy ^
malmostoso and fifty_two like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Luckily I have only 8k miles in my M&M account

I switched to SQ Krisflyer last year and I am happy ^
Hmm, SQ KF also further raised their already high redemption mileage requirements as of yesterday. Not sure one is off better in KF except and solely for access to SQ premium cabin awards.

At least LH gives around 3 months notice while SQ gave just about 3 weeks.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps it finally is the time for me to get around to having a go at the Aegean program. Trouble is, if you're mostly moving around central Europe, the German speaking parts anyway, you need M&M. I find the FTL benefits on my DACH perambulations add up for me.

Otherwise, I'm a pretty happy camper over at Flying Blue. I like the consistency of Sky Priority and benefits across all partners. Skyteam is, for me, a real working alliance.

If these increases are now the only devaluations we see for a reasonable stretch of time, and it doesn't become well nigh impossible to secure award seats, then I'm happy with them (in the place of something worse, such as dynamic pricing).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Whilst this is disappointing news, I do feel that recently LH award miles have become a little easier to earn in the form of bonuses and promotions outside of flying. But that could just be me.

I am also an SQ KF PPS member and my Miles & More account has better access to saver-level SQ Business Class redemptions than my KF account does.

Also, to say no one takes it seriously is an exaggeration. Last I heard it’s still Europe’s largest frequent flyer loyalty programme, and for me it offers far greater business and first class availability (First mostly through SWISS, granted) than their competitors on the same routes. That doesn’t include waitlisting, which is my biggest gripe as I feel it’s beoming useless.

In any case, at least they’re giving fair notice - although I know we’d all still prefer it wasn’t happening
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
At this point I’m pretty numb to it all. But I also have so many points that I haven’t used so while it will make a difference in theory, not sure how much it’ll make in practice.

Intra-EU redemptions were always poor value, and they definitely just got worse.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Makes sense to increase the miles on the award chart just after they reduced the earning of award miles (for most of us) by moving to the revenue-based model.

I’m with you on this, it’s a double whammy for most of my tickets
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: LO
hmm, I understand that domestic flights in Japan still 12000 one way or I should book some flights asap ?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mario_s
hmm, I understand that domestic flights in Japan still 12000 one way or I should book some flights asap ?
Current redemption rates apply until 9th May
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But it doesn't affect Economy redemptions or short haul flights does it, or have I got this totally wrong?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:55 am

yes, but I'm not able to find a new redemption rate for a domestic flight in Japan
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
But it doesn't affect Economy redemptions or short haul flights does it, or have I got this totally wrong?
looks like it affects:

The mileage amount on intercontinental flights will increase for return trips in Business Class by a total of 7,000 miles, and 12,000 miles in First Class.

On flights within a continent – with the exception of Europe – the mileage amount for return trips will increase by a total of 5,000 miles. For example, you can fly from Toronto to Los Angeles in Economy Class for 35,000 miles.

The “Round the World” flight award will increase by 10,000 miles in Business Class, and 20,000 miles in First Class.

The “three
region” flight award will increase by 10,000 miles in Business Class, and 20,000 miles in First Class.

For members who are residents of Egypt, Algeria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and the USA, the regular award amounts will apply in the future.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Perhaps it finally is the time for me to get around to having a go at the Aegean program. Trouble is, if you're mostly moving around central Europe, the German speaking parts anyway, you need M&M. I find the FTL benefits on my DACH perambulations add up for me.
I did this a few years back and have not regretted it at all. The only thing to watch is P fares which earn nothing on LH but something on LX and OS. If LH only have a P fare I just choose a different airline and regard it as a loss to LH who clearly don't want my business and I have a choice.
chris63 and SPlDER like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.