Search

Senator Booking Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Senator Booking Guarantee

Dears,

I just now spent 45 min with my coorporate travel agency on the phone trying to book in Y+ the flights MUC-PVG / PVG - MUC for February.
Since my desired return flight is overbooked in Y+ the lady can not get me on the flight even that I am trying to book in "G" and use the Senator "booking guarantee".
As I am fullfiling all criteria, why do the flights not clear ? Anybody has an idea wh<t could be done ?
Thanks for your inputs.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The CTA has to waitlist you and send the booking to a certain queue. If they don't know how to do that, ask them to waitlist the booking and you call the SEN line and give them the details to send it to the right queue. If the flight is closed for waitlisting nothing can be done by a CTA and you have to call LH directly to make a new reservation.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The CTA has to waitlist you and send the booking to a certain queue. If they don't know how to do that, ask them to waitlist the booking and you call the SEN line and give them the details to send it to the right queue. If the flight is closed for waitlisting nothing can be done by a CTA and you have to call LH directly to make a new reservation.
thanks Oliver... what I have done now, since all our fligjts have to be booked through the corporate agency, is that I have booked the following day the LH729 and called the SEN line. They did a request to get me on the LH727 the day earlier and told me to call back tomorrow morning.... although I see no info in “my bookings”....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Just to report back the booking guarantee did not clear... any idea if there is anything I can still do since LH is advertising this as a clear benefit on their home pahe...?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: LH HON
I think the issue was that your Corporate agent did not send it to the proper queue. Since LH won’t touch agent bookings, the other issue was probably LH telling you to take care of it.

next time, have the TA get in touch with LH (they have a travel agents desk for that) or book with LH directly
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:25 am
Original Poster

So, again I spoke with the travel agency and LH.. apparently, there is a limited number of booking guarantees that LH is offerin depending on route. So in my case, it reached the maximum already. I am only dissapointed since I have planned my appointments counting on the booking guarantee and LH should really not advertise it as a benefit or change the description on their website.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
So, again I spoke with the travel agency and LH.. apparently, there is a limited number of booking guarantees that LH is offerin depending on route. So in my case, it reached the maximum already. I am only dissapointed since I have planned my appointments counting on the booking guarantee and LH should really not advertise it as a benefit or change the description on their website.
The booking guarantee for SEN does not really exist, you can see the Lurker's post on the topic here. I think we all agree that it is poor form for them to advertise it as they do.

Last edited by mmff; Jan 21, 2019 at 5:55 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:41 am
Original Poster

THanks a lot! Very very poor from LH in my view...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.