Traveling on Eurowings (EW)

Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:23 am

Does anybody know if seat selection is free during OCLI?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes it is, unless you want one of the extra legroom seats or an emergency exit seat.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
To add to this, I flew ZRH-DUS the other day, pleasant enough flight despite the 30 minutes or so delay. It seems that the SMART tariff has now completely changed and includes no simple catering but does include priority boarding. I actually think, despite not liking BoB catering, that this is a good thing because that catering was a total insult. Somehow it is less annoying that the crew don't spend a good part of the flight trying to decide who to give that ridiculous sandwich to and who not to.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
To add to this, I flew ZRH-DUS the other day, pleasant enough flight despite the 30 minutes or so delay. It seems that the SMART tariff has now completely changed and includes no simple catering but does include priority boarding. I actually think, despite not liking BoB catering, that this is a good thing because that catering was a total insult. Somehow it is less annoying that the crew don't spend a good part of the flight trying to decide who to give that ridiculous sandwich to and who not to.
Agreed. If you're on a SMART fare, you'll have lounge access anyway (with the right FF status) so for most folks it's a plus as now instead of having to go to the gate 10 minutes prior to boarding to ensure there's overhead space, I can pop into the lounge and grab a quick bite to eat (that's more substantial than the snack boxes were) and head to the gate around the posted boarding time without having to fear for overhead space.

Do I think drink service should still be included? Yes. Do I think this is mostly a cost cutting measure? Of course. Do I mind all that much? Not really.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I'm in Business class (M&M redemption) EWR - DUS next year and I'm slightly confused. As I have a LH Booking Ref/ Brussel Airlines Ref/ EW Ref
As it is a LH booking they would rebook me in case of IRROP? Brussels provides the logistic (or whatever that operated by indicates) ? It is a Brussels or EW crew?
And while I called in and got my seats (5 rows of 2-2-2) I was wondering if I can change that online somehow? And I would check in online/at the Airport at LH/Brussels/EW?
Very nice/low surcharges ($5.60 pP)
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Looking at DUS-EWR on basic fare. Do they, as part of standard procedure, weight carryon at gate? I know airberlin did that at DUS. If weight is exceeded, how much do they charge at the gate to transport in hold?

One way is $210 USD with tax included. Alternatively I can buy a round trip on IB/BA and throw away the return for $300. IB didn’t weight my carryon.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.