Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cas_de
Sorry to spoil the party (and I can only throw in 5 segments in LH First), but I had a case where they ran out of my preferred meal by the time they did come around to ask me what I would like to eat.
Your not & I have seen it happen, just not to me & if I were you I would have been far from happy, completely unacceptable for a SEN in F
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
So what do you do when flying F if you’d like to get the FA’s attention? If no one ever looks into the cabin to see the light burning, you have to either go to the galley or press the call button. Neither of which make for a great F experience
Press the call button, that is the reason for its existence
bowzer91 and GFrye like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
So what do you do when flying F if you’d like to get the FA’s attention? If no one ever looks into the cabin to see the light burning, you have to either go to the galley or press the call button. Neither of which make for a great F experience
Maybe not ideal in your world, but how does pressing the call button subtract from the F experience? I do not like doing it too much, but would do it if necessary.
chris63 and GFrye like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Maybe not ideal in your world, but how does pressing the call button subtract from the F experience? I do not like doing it too much, but would do it if necessary.
Its obviously not ruining an otherwise perfect F experience, but as mentioned before, I am very used to ME carriers or SQ, and I never had to press the call button, because the FA tend to be very attentive.
This seems not to be the case at LH, from what Ive heard here in this thread so far.

Maybe LH isnt the perfect First Class product for me then, because I like the very attentive treament, nevertheless I dont think its my fault, that I have received a shortfall in service.
I think its very reasonable to expect that in First Class, you could expect a FA to be present at some point, when your lights have been switched on 30 minutes ago while the rest of the cabin is still sleeping.

Yes, I could have pressed the call button, however when travelling in First Class, I expect a more attentive treatment.
I dont have a problem at all with going to the galley and ask for something, and I dont see this as a huge part of the service shortfalls here, the worst part and what I wanted to adress here was definitely the situation in the galley.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 am

In the same way you having to call out or wave your hand around to get the attention of the waiter at a Michelin starred restaurant would detract from the experience.
PatongPilot likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:22 am

Its obviously not ruining an otherwise perfect F experience, but as mentioned before, I am very used to ME carriers or SQ, and I never had to press the call button, because the FA tend to be very attentive.
This seems not to be the case at LH, from what Ive heard here in this thread so far.

Maybe LH isnt the perfect First Class product for me then, because I like the very attentive treament, nevertheless I dont think its my fault, that I have received a shortfall in service.
I think its very reasonable to expect that in First Class, you could expect a FA to be present at some point, when your lights have been switched on 30 minutes ago while the rest of the cabin is still sleeping.

Yes, I could have pressed the call button, however when travelling in First Class, I expect a more attentive treatment.
I dont have a problem at all with going to the galley and ask for something, and I dont see this as a huge part of the service shortfalls here, the worst part and what I wanted to adress here was definitely the situation in the galley.
Well, different expectations then. The over-attentiveness of some crews on the carriers you mentioned actually bothers me and I would like to be left alone a bit more.
chris63 and GFrye like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Completely unnecessary!

When I fly F, the very least I expect is that one of the FAs will press the call button for me... One FA should be stand-by continuously to observe whether I am inclined to push the call button, so that I can avoid all unnecessary movement in my seat.
roberto99, chris63 and GFrye like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
In the same way you having to call out or wave your hand around to get the attention of the waiter at a Michelin starred restaurant would detract from the experience.
It is not a Michelin starred restaurant, but a plane. But I have been to Michelin 3-star restaurants on different continents and signalling the need for something by establishing eye-contact with a waiter was certainly necessary at occasion. No big deal.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
When I fly F, the very least I expect is that one of the FAs will press the call button for me... One FA should be stand-by continuously to observe whether I am inclined to push the call button, so that I can avoid all unnecessary movement in my seat.
There must be high- und low-expectation cultures then.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:30 am

Completely unnecessary!

That's not called first-class. That is called being American! (reference to Wall-e the Pixar film)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat

I agree you’ve had a terrible experience due to the result of an unusually bad crew.

To to be honest, I’ve also done countless SQ F flights, and I have to press the call button on SQ way more than on LH (though they’re much quicker to come when you do press it!) It’s different styles, one not difinitevely better than the other, and as you’ve said it comes down to personal taste.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by chris63

Press the call button, that is the reason for its existence
Indeed. The alternative is a standing buttler. But then passengers would complain about the lack of privacy.

I am a very infrequent F flyer, but I tend to go the the galley myself if I need anything, rather than even using the bell. Also, I am not sure than many passengers seek immeidate contact with FAs when they wake up in pyjamas.
GFrye likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I really hope you’re being sarcastic, because this is completely false. And I’m happy to compare “dining report cards” if you really want it to come to that.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
It is not a Michelin starred restaurant, but a plane. But I have been to Michelin 3-star restaurants on different continents and signalling the need for something by establishing eye-contact with a waiter was certainly necessary at occasion. No big deal.
There’s no need to cite you’re Michelin star experience. He’s just wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Completely unnecessary!

Fabulous

Do you book it online or call the First Class line ?
worldclubber likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.