Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sophialite

TBF, only maybe 2 times out of 10 have I been told it’s Dining on Demand. But I’ve always found that if I communicated what I wanted early on, I always got what I wanted. FAs can’t read minds, not even the F ones.
Your a regular F flyer & a member here, so I would expect you to know that LH F is dining on demand but anyway, it is specifically the Pursers job to inform you of that with the welcome onboard.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Sounds like a good assessment of the situation.

I have had god and bad crews including LH and LX, but only about 1 bad in 10-20 good on these two airlines. But the good and very good crews on LH are usually better, from my perspective, than the good crews on some of the other "premium" carriers, especially the ME3, where service is often more standardized and robotic.
+ 1

Crews on LX & LH usually fall into the outstanding category, F Flight attendants don’t get there by accident or rotation, they are chosen & trained to serve in First Class, clearly the OP’s Purser & FA’s need serious re training
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I noticed you didn't mention CX. If you want a great experience, I found the FAs on CX first best. The right amount of chatty, personalized service without being overbearing.
Yes, I've heard that to be the case but haven't tried it yet. In Asia, I will say I was pretty impressed with BR in J from Bangkok to LAX via Taipei - both on their 77X product last year. The FAs impressed me in particular in this regard.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63

Totaly unaccptable as the OP understands & would be advised to complain.

However LH F is one of the best F products out there & in an entirely different league from SQ or TG J, as you haven’t flown LH F yourself how could you know
Well you wouldn't know what I flew, would you? After 35 years flying I can assure you I have seen and experienced a lot. Yes SQ is out of any airline's league, if you don't like it or you prefer LH that's your personal choice. I responded to the original post, you don't like it, good for you!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Well you wouldn't know what I flew, would you? After 35 years flying I can assure you I have seen and experienced a lot. Yes SQ is out of any airline's league, if you don't like it or you prefer LH that's your personal choice. I responded to the original post, you don't like it, good for you!
Of course not

Same here

SQ is fine.

F is F J is J
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:40 pm

Your experience, unfortunately, is totally inconsistent with mine in LH F and you should raise it with LH.

From my end, I love the LH F hard and soft products, and the professionalism of the crew. I usually have the FA put the bedding on as soon as possible after take off, and they always ask me about the meal service (i.e. what appetizers and main course I will want when I wake up). Never had a issue.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sophialite
Some of this is you being too demanding and not communicating enough, and some of it is definitely LH’s fault.

You should definitely give feedback. I always do, and sometimes to the purser directly, and I’ll sometimes get points compensation for it (although I never complain with that expectation). I got 40k free miles last time.
It is not too demanding to expect to get what you pay for, Drinks, food, and the ancillaries such as PJs and a functioning seat. I would have requested the purser to come and sort out the food issue.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:13 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The closets always had combination locks. Why didn't you use it?
No combination lock on the closet I used, nor the one my wife used. If there had been, I would certaihly have used it. Are all LH A380s the same in this regard?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by 1P
No combination lock on the closet I used, nor the one my wife used. If there had been, I would certaihly have used it. Are all LH A380s the same in this regard?
Yep, locks on all lockers. FAs should have pointed them out to you.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by 1P
maybe you didn’t see it but every closet on the 380 has a 3 digit combination lock.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

+ 1

Crews on LX & LH usually fall into the outstanding category, F Flight attendants don’t get there by accident or rotation, they are chosen & trained to serve in First Class, clearly the OP’s Purser & FA’s need serious re training
I wholeheartedly agree, after 30+ segments in LH/LX F over the last 15 years I may have had 3-4 bad crews. It happens, like it does at any airline or any hotel. I also think LH is usually very open to feedback when it is done in a respectful manner.
roberto99 and N1003U like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:00 pm

I have had a few meh experiences in LH J, but never anything like this. Every experience in F I had was absolutely delightful. Sorry you had such a bad experience!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Erohnson
I wholeheartedly agree, after 30+ segments in LH/LX F over the last 15 years I may have had 3-4 bad crews. It happens, like it does at any airline or any hotel. I also think LH is usually very open to feedback when it is done in a respectful manner.
IME, LH & LX are grateful for feedback, they understand it’s important for their business, it should be provided in a constructive manner & I provide feedback when the service has been exceptionally good not just when it’s bad, they need to know who their best Staff are, not just the poor ones.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
Three days ago I flew LH First for the first time ever.
After completing AKL-SIN in SQ Suites, which was al

What are your thoughts about this, or your experiences with Lufthansa F?

Your description of the service sounds more like Luftwaffe than Lufthansa...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: LH HON
I agree that this happens from time to time with LH F and it shoudn‘t. My last outbound flight to SIN on the A380 was about the same as the OP reported. It was a completely full flight before christmas. The crew was more like a imperfectly functioning robot. Unfriendly, unwilling to work (not like the robots are), dining on demand gots answers like „in one hour or so you can get your meal“. It has nothing to do what you paid for your ticket. We were on full fare F. Our return flight from HKG was exactly the opposite: one of the best F crews I ever had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.