Search

Lounge Recommendation in Chicago (ORD)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services

Hi everyone
I'm flying on Lufthansa First class to Germany out of Chicago. I am United Global Services.

What lounge are you provided access to when waiting to depart out of Chicago (ORD)?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
You can access the Polaris lounge or any United Club at ORD
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It depends which departure... if you are on the late evening departure the Polaris Lounge closes at 9pm or something, and you're shunted to the standard UA Club. A representative from LH supposedly comes to the Polaris Lounge to take LH pax to the Club, but if you're in the WC or something and they can't find you they will leave and you make your own way. The UA Club (close to the LH departure gate) gets quite full.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:44 pm

I'll fly Business Class from ORD to FRA on LH431 this June and will be at ORD 4 hours
before LH431 departs. Looks like there are two lounges: UA/LH lounge adjacent to
Gate B17, or the UA Polaris Lounge in Terminal C . Any suggestions re: which
lounge might be the most favorable? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:53 pm

Polaris

Polaris is best--no contest
kahuna1993 and Marcin83 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Definitely Polaris. Keep in mind that it's about a good 15min walk back through the tunnel to the Lufthansa gates.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Also bear in mind that boarding at ORD for LH is an absolute zoo (unless in FC, where you are shepherded past the zoo....) particularly in the priority boarding lane. With the huge amount of potential priority passengers this "line" is a joke and mostly frustrating.

I also absolutely second the Polaris lounge as destination of choice! Everything else there sux for *A.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
POLARIS!!!
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by 2CVG
I'll fly Business Class from ORD to FRA on LH431 this June and will be at ORD 4 hours
before LH431 departs. Looks like there are two lounges: UA/LH lounge adjacent to
Gate B17, or the UA Polaris Lounge in Terminal C . Any suggestions re: which
lounge might be the most favorable? Thanks in advance.
It should be obvious that Polaris lounge is the clear choice.... as no one has suggested the Red Carpet Lounge (RCL). My sister and niece utilized the Polaris lounge last spring and were quite pleased with it. The Polaris lounge is more akin to what you would expect to find in Europe while the RCL is pretty basic, but still better than waiting in the gate area. With 4 hours available to yourself, it is definitely worth making the short walk over the C concourse.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Brostman
It should be obvious that Polaris lounge is the clear choice.... as no one has suggested the Red Carpet Lounge (RCL). My sister and niece utilized the Polaris lounge last spring and were quite pleased with it. The Polaris lounge is more akin to what you would expect to find in Europe while the RCL is pretty basic, but still better than waiting in the gate area. With 4 hours available to yourself, it is definitely worth making the short walk over the C concourse.
the Name ‚red carpet club‘ was abandoned years ago
its been the United club for a while now...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
I agree with others that the Polaris Lounge is far superior and worth the walk given the amount of time you have on your hands. I utilized the lounge a bit ago when it first opened. While I was a bit let down after all the hype United put behind it's opening, it is still light years ahead of most lounges you will find at US airports. Unfortunately, I don't remember a tarmac view - which is something I always enjoy in a lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 pm

There is a section of seats that look out of the Windows.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:45 am

Thank you to all who took the time to reply. Certainly appreciate it.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by daumueller

the Name ‚red carpet club‘ was abandoned years ago
its been the United club for a while now...
Daumueller.... you are absolutely correct.... old habits die hard though
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Access to ORD Polaris lounge when connecting LH>UA domestic?

Flying FRA-Oklahoma City via Chicago. HON. Most likely in First on Lufthansa (maybe Business). In First Class on the connecting United flight.

I know that when leaving to Germany I can use the Polaris lounge. How about arriving in First and continuing on a domestic UA flight? Access to Polaris?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.