Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG lounge recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Personally I use the Amex Centurion lounge even flying F as HON from HKG. It would be great if LH/LX would use the new Plaza Premium First lounge but I can’t see that happening (even though VS are apparently using it for their pax).

SQ F lounge even without windows is definitely superior to UA F and TG F lounges in my opinion.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vantage03
SQ F lounge even without windows is definitely superior to UA F and TG F lounges in my opinion.
How about without a bathroom or shower?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Especially without bathroom, I head to the Centurion lounge. I guess TG F then.. the UA GF lounge is miserable.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Especially without bathroom, I head to the Centurion lounge. I guess TG F then.. the UA GF lounge is miserable.
Pleased for you

But for those F pax without Centurian access it’s dire, TG F is no more, not operated ex HKG & same with UA GF, which personally I liked.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
But for those F pax without Centurian access it’s dire, TG F is no more, not operated ex HKG & same with UA GF, which personally I liked.
To me, HKG has long been a place where the lounges are not for enjoyment but to help a little to bridge the time between check-in and boarding. Making customers happy does not seem to be a top priority there. I once toured all of the *A lounges at HKG and ended up frustrated in the UA lounge, looking forward to departure.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
To me, HKG has long been a place where the lounges are not for enjoyment but to help a little to bridge the time between check-in and boarding. Making customers happy does not seem to be a top priority there. I once toured all of the *A lounges at HKG and ended up frustrated in the UA lounge, looking forward to departure.
Desperate Dan at HKG now...

I did like the UA GF lounge, spacious, lovely Staff, Menu with Dining options, nice Californian Wine , a view , Showerooms with Cowshed toiletries ! RIP

And being so close to the great CX F lounges, it’s frustrating.....
worldclubber and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
And being so close to the great CX F lounges, it’s frustrating.....
Indeed
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:56 am

Showers are already in operation, but for the bathroom you have to go to the public bathroom just beside the lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by worldclubber
To me, HKG has long been a place where the lounges are not for enjoyment but to help a little to bridge the time between check-in and boarding.
Yes, I fly CX ex-HKG whenever possible. They also have a very solid lounge at BKK.
Centurion lounge HKG is the most overrated lounge I know. And I would never choose TG lounge over UA. Really don't agree with your comments.

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Showers are already in operation, but for the bathroom you have to go to the public bathroom just beside the lounge.
Everything (bathroom and showers) was closed when I went through last in November.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:06 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The 8th December the bathroom and shower were also closed.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:22 am

Yes, I fly CX ex-HKG whenever possible. They also have a very solid lounge at BKK.

Centurion lounge HKG is the most overrated lounge I know. And I would never choose TG lounge over UA. Really don't agree with your comments.

Everything (bathroom and showers) was closed when I went through last in November.
I didn’t say the Centurion lounge was good (and FWIW I don’t think it is), but it sure beats UA and TG, and SQ sans bathrooms. As I said, I’d go to SQ if the bathrooms work.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:56 am

As already written showers are open (5th of January).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi

SQ F & it’s a small box at the back of the Biz lounge...... TG is poor & now they no longer run F into HKG I can imagine it’s worse, the best one was UA but now their F is gone, I’m told the lounge is also.

Nothing great for *A at HKG
OMG The Global F lounge is gone! No reason to travel through HKG any more Agree was the best F lounge and usually empty at HKG
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi

I didn’t say the Centurion lounge was good (and FWIW I don’t think it is), but it sure beats UA and TG, and SQ sans bathrooms. As I said, I’d go to SQ if the bathrooms work.
IMHO Centurion lounge is worse than UA F Lounge No comfortable seating and it has an open air cafe effect with throngs of people - a bit like the CX C lounges in fact, except they are better SQ F is OK and much less crowded, with food to order
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transited through HKG yesterday & arrived close to UA & TG lounges, UAGF lounge is completely closed & they are not even using the space !

TG have retained their small F section despite HKG losing F on TG, it’s unchanged, just much quieter since you need to be TG Plat or flying F ex HKG for access.

SQ F lounge, still the J restrooms are out of use, it’s an ok lounge but the lack of windows makes it seem claustrophobic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.