Search

BRU > PHX with some booking constraints

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, SPG platinum
BRU > PHX with some booking constraints

Hello

I am looking to fly BRU > PHX in Feb and face some timing constraints and personal preference. So I was hoping I could use the collective wisdom of this group to find the perfect booking I have done ~2hrs of timetable search and not sure I have found the perfect match yet

The situation:
BRU > PHX
I need to attend an event on Saturday Feb 23rd AM. The earliest flight I could take would be 1PM on Saturday
I need to land in PHX on Sunday Feb 24th by 4PM-5PM latest
Flights would be in Business. So, ideally, I would love to fly on LH or LX and on a flight that features a first class so I can always try to upgrade closer to the date if availability opens up.

What I found so far:
Option 1: BRU - FRA - ORD on Saturday via LH432 and then ORD-PHX on Sunday morning >>> Was a perfect match but LH432 does not seem to exist anymore while it shows on LH timetable?
Option 2: BRU > FRA late on Saturday and then FRA > ORD via LH9152 (opeated by UA) and then connects to arrive at PHX at 3.30PM >>> in time but not an LH flight

Does anyone find anything better that I have missed?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Have a look at BA (if that's a option, but I see you're silver with them).
leaves 14:00 in BRU, connects LHR and ORD. Arrives PHX 23:30 same day.
2 hour layover in ORD should be doable too.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: LH HON
Or BRU-FRA-SFO (latter on UA on 787) followed by SFO-PHX next morning
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:13 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I know you said 1 p.m. (and MUC-ORD does not feature F), but would this potentially work for you?

Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
I know you said 1 p.m. (and MUC-ORD does not feature F), but would this potentially work for you?

if that works, Bru-Muc-Sfo (on the Lh a380) would also work
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller

if that works, Bru-Muc-Sfo (on the Lh a380) would also work
True, but only with an overnight stop in SFO.

and LH458 currently shows F5 A2.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, SPG platinum
Originally Posted by cas_de
True, but only with an overnight stop in SFO.

and LH458 currently shows F5 A2.
What do you mean? An upgrade will be quite likely possible?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by Cedos
What do you mean? An upgrade will be quite likely possible?
With F5A2 so far in advance and to the US West Coast (SFO/LAX), I would say: unlikely,
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by athome
With F5A2 so far in advance and to the US West Coast (SFO/LAX), I would say: unlikely,
I agree, unlikely, but not completely impossible. If I were you and you can book business class I would probably go for the Chicago connection and just enjoy business class (no need for an overnight stop) otherwise I'd book the connection asap and get on the waitlist for O. In any case keep monitoring the availability in first class if you want to try to upgrade to O.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by athome
its actually 6 weeks from now so not that far in advance - F5 is therefore not bad

i booked a couple of TATL trips for july-November yesterday with many being F1/F2 so THAT is what i call heavily booked far in advance
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:28 am

The problem is the 1PM restriction ex-BRU, severely limiting your options to connect to TATL as it's too late to connect to the morning/early-midday bank anywhere in EU.

There's no LH/LX availability (except on codeshares) that adheres to the additional 5PM arrival restriction in PHX. Your only option would the evening UA flight out of FRA.

As already mentioned above, moving the 1PM restriction just 15 minutes to 12:45PM allows you to take LH458, equipment A380.

LAS to PHX is a 4hr drive, SAN to PHX a 5hr drive and LAX to PHX a 6hr drive, maybe that offers some additional flexibility? Note that PHX has an hour time difference with all those airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.