Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe you don't have to wait for the BOB trolley but both BA and LH can give you that lovely experience of arriving on a stand and using the back door to exit onto a bus (but in BArbara nomenclature that is a "coach") when you're seated in Row 1.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Can't compete with the big hitters on here but I'm following in Fabo.sk's footsteps and will get exactly 30 segments after my trip home for Christmas (WAW-MUC-BHX-FRA-WAW). The return trip is on DEC 30 so I'm just sneaking in

This year I switched from SQ to A3 for trying to get *G (should get it at the beginning of FEB) so I've done fairly well to also requalify for FTL alongside that. Next year is a dead year anyway - so I can wait for the inevitable S19 meltdown on LO with an attitude of detachment!
The original plan for me was also to get up to 30 on my Christmas trip home, though I routed the outbound with 2 transfers also in part to ensure I don't have to face credit issues with the 30DEC flight. As it is, I did an unplanned mid-November trip, and now I'm waiting for the card to arrive.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NightFly
95510 as of today, still missing credit for two pre-upgraded longhaul flights. Still 4 *A flights (incl.one TATL) ahead though, so requalification should be OK even without the two missing flights, yet preparing to battle nonetheless.
101168, one of the missing longhauls has just been credited, aleluia. But the website still shows status expiring in Feb.2019, no new evouchers... Oh, those IT enhancements ;-)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite
I hope that you are not only calculating the miles needed for re-qualification, but also calculate how much you need to pay to offset the enormous carbon footprint caused by frequent flying. If you care not only about your mileage status, but about the status of the planet as well, here is one of the better calculators https://www.atmosfair.de/en/
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by Madame R
here is one of the better calculators https://www.atmosfair.de/en/
To calculate CO2 is one thing, to calculate the cost to offset is another thing and that is where the market is currently very diverse: Atmosfair apply an offset cost of USD 0.026 per kg CO2. Terrapass and Carbonfund apply an offset cost of USD 0.011 per kg. All claim to be independently verified, apply Gold Standards etc. Why Atmosfair would then need 2.4x more money to offset the same quantity of CO2 is not clear to me.

Debating this further would take us off topic against the conversation thread. But as a general comment: it is of course up to each individual to take actions towards sustainability in life. Air travel and its offsetting is one part of it. Thank you for reminding us.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I hope that you are not only calculating the miles needed for re-qualification, but also calculate how much you need to pay to offset the enormous carbon footprint caused by frequent flying. If you care not only about your mileage status, but about the status of the planet as well, here is one of the better calculators https://www.atmosfair.de/en/
What about the carbon footprint of your post? How do we offset that?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Says somebody who is
Madame R

Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite, 9W Silver, Hyatt Plat
. Recommended reading: Matthew 7, 1-2:

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

So just out of curiosity: how much do you pay to offset the enormous carbon footprint caused by your frequent flying?
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NightFly
101168, one of the missing longhauls has just been credited, aleluia. But the website still shows status expiring in Feb.2019, no new evouchers... Oh, those IT enhancements ;-)
I think oliver2002 mentioned somewhere there is a sweep periodically (weekly?, biweekly?) near the end of the year to post status changes and credit eVouchers. If there is no update by end of Dec, I would send an e-mail to confirm re-qualification.

As long as your flights are documented, my experience is that M&M is good at sorting out qualifications/status, but sometimes they need a little help/nagging.

Last edited by N1003U; Dec 14, 2018 at 8:36 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I managed to gain a number of extra segments tonight. My flight to Frankfurt was late (GVA-FRA) causing me to miss the FRA-DUS, with the next flight being four and a half hours later. GVA-FRA was on CityLine, so it was a bus to the terminal and it really was a long trek out to gate A40. At the gate I asked the agent in impeccable German that instead of drinking all the wine in the lounge, it might be good if I could do a tour of Germany to renew my FTL card. That way I wouldn’t have to rely on the unreliable Eurowings mess.

The agent did also offer me a ticket on the train to Düsseldorf, but understood totally my qualification quest. So she rebooked me on FRA-MUC then MUC-TXL then TXL-DUS. Pretty good going, I thought. Flights were packed but quite good. Just a thought though, if they can offer decent service on FRA-MUC then why can’t they on FRA-DUS?
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto

The agent did also offer me a ticket on the train to Düsseldorf, but understood totally my qualification quest. So she rebooked me on FRA-MUC then MUC-TXL then TXL-DUS. Pretty good going, I thought. Flights were packed but quite good.
In true FT spirit
MichielR, cas_de, SK2751 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:09 am

[...]
That way I wouldn’t have to rely on the unreliable Eurowings mess.

The agent did also offer me a ticket on the train to Düsseldorf, but understood totally my qualification quest. So she rebooked me on FRA-MUC then MUC-TXL then TXL-DUS. Pretty good going, I thought. Flights were packed but quite good. Just a thought though, if they can offer decent service on FRA-MUC then why can’t they on FRA-DUS?
Great going! And compliments to the understanding agent!
On the last segment you did catch up with EW anyway, though, I suppose.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, totally right. I just went for it like a monkey after a banana and didn’t think about it. Will be interesting to see how it all credits, because I also got a boarding pass for the rebooked FRA-DUS.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, totally right. I just went for it like a monkey after a banana and didn’t think about it. Will be interesting to see how it all credits, because I also got a boarding pass for the rebooked FRA-DUS.
It will.

Of course it's not M&M but the interesting thing about my FB Gold qualification is that they credited both the original itinerary, and the replacement flight.
As per rules, I think it is that by default you get the credit for flights taken, but you can request credit as per original booking (which is the worse option in your case).
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I would go for credit for the flights I actually took. Hopefully it will work out without having to chase it all up, but with Lufthansa IT you never know.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
173’978 status miles with around ~150 segments. Mostly short haul as you can tell... my parking card at ZRH definitely paid off this year! 7 more legs to go and then finally on vacation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.