Mileage credit for upgraded segments

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Mileage credit for upgraded segments

Looks I came across another "enhancement" after recent IT "upgrade": segments which were upgraded by request, be it by e-vouchers or PPB points, fail to credit automatically. Have three such long-haul segments pending at this moment, while their connecting flights all posted almost immediately (and a simple op-up also credited all right). In the past, there was no issue in receiving credit for the actual fare paid and even the upgraded segments posted immediately with the correct credit corresponding to original fare class.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: LH SEN (*A Gold}, BA Silver, All Accor Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HH Silver
Hi,
Long time observer, this is my first post (so be nice to me please :-) ). Being *G, I upgraded against Award miles my long haul flight beginning of Nov 2018. I observed exactly the same behavior as OP stated here.
Awards/Status miles were not credited automatically, upon Request (via miles-and-more webpage) - Miles and More account currently shows mess with booking classes, the same flight once with note "not eligible to credit", multiple times (probably number of requests to be credited with note "already credited", but 0 miles credited at all.

I have filled in regular claim about missing miles via lh.com - no reply up to now, only automatic reply stating - "will come back to you as soon as possible" like. Any suggestion how to receive missing miles? As *G I am currently missing 4,5K miles to renew my *G status and those are exactly these miles, from this affected flight.

Thx.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: LH SEN (*A Gold}, BA Silver, All Accor Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HH Silver
Hi,
Long time observer, this is my first post (so be nice to me please :-) ). Being *G, I upgraded against Award miles my long haul flight beginning of Nov 2018. I observed exactly the same behavior as OP stated here.
Awards/Status miles were not credited automatically, upon Request (via miles-and-more webpage) - Miles and More account currently shows mess with booking classes, the same flight once with note "not eligible to credit", multiple times (probably number of requests to be credited with note "already credited", but 0 miles credited at all.

I have filled in regular claim about missing miles via lh.com - no reply up to now, only automatic reply stating - "will come back to you as soon as possible" like. Any suggestion how to receive missing miles? As *G I am currently missing 4,5K miles to renew my *G status and those are exactly these miles, from this affected flight.

Thx.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:09 am

Update 2018-12-07:
Today I called LH service center and I was told after internal verificiation that that flight was eligible for mileage credit and they are raising internal claim which should be solved within 14days at the latest and miles should be credited in that time window to my M&M account.

Will revert back to you when finished (if) :-)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by priplata
Update 2018-12-07:
Today I called LH service center and I was told after internal verificiation that that flight was eligible for mileage credit and they are raising internal claim which should be solved within 14days at the latest and miles should be credited in that time window to my M&M account.

Will revert back to you when finished (if) :-)
Any news?

In my case, one of the problematic flights was correctly credited within 48hrs after filing a simple online mileage claim. Another one took two claims using the online form, then appeared in the account statement as "flight not eligible for mileage credit". Filed an e-claim thereon, will see what happens.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Award/e-vouchers easier while PPB complicated

My experience is:
After upgrade with e-voucers mileage was posted correctly

After PPB upgrade nothing and after online claim still nothing (Class not eligible for credit).

Got finally information from Lufthansa, that as after PPB upgrades alway will be issued new ticket with O or I or X booking class, then automatic systems can not find them. Only way is to send original e-ticket receipt and PPB issued e-ticket receipt and explanation that flights was upgraded via PPB program and after that is possible to get mileage posted.
That need to be sent via "E-mail to the Miles & More Service Team" on your Miles&More account. And upload the documents.
Will take around 2-4 weeks and finally miles will be posted.

Some month ago I got answer that miles for PPB upgraded flights will not be posted automatically in predictable future at all. Reason is new ticketing. And they do not think there is a technical solution for it at all. (OK, we all know, that technical solutions can be made, but I'm afraid nothing we can do on it).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raul_R
My experience is:
After upgrade with e-voucers mileage was posted correctly

After PPB upgrade nothing and after online claim still nothing (Class not eligible for credit).

Got finally information from Lufthansa, that as after PPB upgrades alway will be issued new ticket with O or I or X booking class, then automatic systems can not find them. Only way is to send original e-ticket receipt and PPB issued e-ticket receipt and explanation that flights was upgraded via PPB program and after that is possible to get mileage posted.
That need to be sent via "E-mail to the Miles & More Service Team" on your Miles&More account. And upload the documents.

Some month ago I got answer that miles for PPB upgraded flights will not be posted automatically in predictable future at all. Reason is new ticketing. And they do not think there is a technical solution for it at all. (OK, we all know, that technical solutions can be made, but I'm afraid nothing we can do on it).
OK, this looks plausible and does also apply to my case, although I am pretty sure that in the past I upgraded a few tix via PPB and never had this kind of problems. Must be a part of recent IT enhancements.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Raul_R
It is solution for M&M members, but probably would not help with crediting to other FFP
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum with ambassador, occasional HH Gold
Originally Posted by NightFly
receiving credit for the actual fare paid and even the upgraded segments posted immediately with the correct credit corresponding to original fare class.
I also just recently joined, so I do get status miles on upgraded flights only according to my original booking ? Eg paid eco to business upgrade, status miles credited for eco and reward miles according to spending ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.