Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa[.com] insists that I've suddenly become Italian

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Lufthansa[.com] insists that I've suddenly become Italian

For some reason, the Lufthansa website is now only displaying in Italian when I visit, regardless of which locale (country setting and language) I select. Logging out and logging back in again doesn't fix it. Clearing cookies and clicking "Change cookie settings" at the bottom of the page doesn't help either.

Now perhaps this is a good opportunity to start learning Italian - "Miglia premio" does sound better than "Award miles" and "Avanti" sounds nicer than "Continue" - but I'd rather hoped that I would be able to see the website in English before I attain sufficient mastery in Italiano.

Interestingly, if I use Incognito mode then it displays OK.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:39 am

Last time in Gdańsk your Italian seemed to be pretty good (whether that was because of the wine non lo so...)

G
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Last time in Gdańsk your Italian seemed to be pretty good (whether that was because of the wine non lo so...)

G
G, I don't even recall saying anything in Italian back then so I guess I must have been pretty drunk by that stage! Who knows how many languages I might be fluent in once I've had enough vino inside me?
AlicorporateUK and ulxima like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Are your profile settings set to Italian?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
G, I don't even recall saying anything in Italian back then so I guess I must have been pretty drunk by that stage! Who knows how many languages I might be fluent in once I've had enough vino inside me?
Oh dear!

I was reasonably f****d as well but I blame it all to that first bottle of wine (virulent!)

P.S.: you have a PM.

G
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't think gibberish after downing a bottle of Italian wine counts as speaking Italian, guys
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I don't think gibberish after downing a bottle of Italian wine counts as speaking Italian, guys
^

G
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:39 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by yurtripper
For some reason, the Lufthansa website is now only displaying in Italian when I visit, regardless of which locale (country setting and language) I select. Logging out and logging back in again doesn't fix it. Clearing cookies and clicking "Change cookie settings" at the bottom of the page doesn't help either.
American Airlines has insisted that I have suddenly become Portuguese for several months now.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
M&M moved me to Germany, hopefully I just reversed that
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:08 am

My Instagram account gets notices in Russian. I set up the account and was not using it and someone from Russia was able to log into the account. This must have been due to an easy to guess password. I was able to log in and change my password to something stronger. I get notices is Russian ever so often asking if I am having trouble logging in. On Instagram I can't see anywhere to change the language settings. Its probably time to learn Russian anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Italian made easy:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.