Is the Miles and More website down

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you are trying to book an award give M&M a call. It doesn’t cost you anything extra other than perhaps a phone call.
This is what I ended up doing this afternoon but I had to phone Germany because in Spain the M&M telephone number is one of those with premium rates and last March a long call from my mobile costed over 15€
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You can delete cookies and even eat them if you like, but it is so bad it is unbelievable. And what bothers me is that no effort whatsoever seems to have been made to address these issues. I can't even sign out of my account properly, if at all. And what about the Miles & More credit card???? I haven't been able to get back in there since the changes in the early Summer. How's that for intelligent quality in almost the 3rd decade of the 21st century??? It's really beginning to annoy me and I'm going to begin by cancelling that stupid useless credit card. Frankly, Lufthansa and M&M are just sticking a big V up to all their customers.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:27 am

As someone who works in IT I think they just need rebuild their entire websites from scratch. It is embarrassing how bad their sites are especially when you use sites like AA or Delta which are so much more stable and functional.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Had the same issue a few days ago, at the time thought it was likely to my browser's "tracker blocking". A combo of cached contents + Firefox's new blocking, Ghostery, etc.

I didn't look too deep, but it seemed to get stuck after the redirect from LH's SSO and take us to that error page. I was only trying to find the mileage earning fare buckets on some airlines.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think everything internet related is slightly joke-like in Europe. There's not a lot that I like in the US at the moment, but at least websites are mostly kept up to date and reflect the information you need to find. I think places would go out of business in the US if they put the crap on their sites such as what we get in Europe. As an example, the COOP supermarket in Switzerland gives completely wrong opening times for many branches of its shops, especially the COOP pronto brand, many of which have differing and unusual opening times.

Another thing is, I always got the feeling in Germany, for many years, that the internet was something you weren't really supposed to have, or be wasting your time on, be able to access easily and freely. It's only recently that easily accessible and - shock, horror - free WiFi is becoming more widespread. So I think it could be a legacy of that mentality. Surely you all remember the time, quite a long period, when you had to pay for internet access in the business lounges?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
In the end I did manage to book on line. I had to use the incognito option in Chrome and then go into my profile and delete an old credit card I had saved there. After that it worked fine.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hmm. Still no credit from my mid-November flights.

Tried again online request before sending off a form to Germany.
Now one flight said Forwarded for verification, the next Could not credit, but it didn't show up in the mileage account as "Name on on passenger list", and upon trying again, says that a claim has already been submitted.

Geez, so much effort just to credit a flight. If I wasn't trying to get the silver card delivered before leaving for Christmas, I'd just leave it be.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
I use Chrome, delete all cookies.
Not working on Safari anymore !!! unless I move to an other computer.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Online upgrades not working AGAIN today

Called the HON line & the agent laughed, She told me LH are unable to even send out emails currently & that had been the case for the last 8 hours, really LH IT is from the last Decade
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Just to add a simple question: Is anybody here able to access the LH web page? I can't access it since last week, both on my MacBook Air or iPhone using Safari, and even using another notebook (Samsung), using Google Chrome ou MS Edge or even Internet Explorer.

In all options, the LH page keeps loading "ad aeternun" (some images and text can load) but the site is unable to access my profile and to show my bookings. I cannot access even the "Menu", to see if I can access my profile or my bookings with the direct link, instead of immediate access at the homepage.

I can only access my profile and my bookings via the LH App on my iPhone.

On the other hand, I can access the Miles & More Web site ....

(I am accessing it from Brazil, but even changing the LH page directly to the German main page, it does not works.....)

Since the problem appears to be running in two different notebooks, I do not think the glitch is on my computers.

Any ideas about what might be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Criske.

EDIT: It works fine with my desktop using Google Chrome at my work office. It must be someting with my home network...

Last edited by criske; Dec 18, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Having similar issues on OSX and IoS for weeks whether using Safari or Chrome or even Firefox. Practically impossible to access the site.
Seems to work on iE 11 on Windows desktop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.