Wiki Posts
Search

Will HON ground service take care of me? Delayed inbound into FRA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03

Although it would have avoided the argument about needing a car now rather than the shuttle leaving A at the same time as my departing flight!
Thats the truly astonishing part that there would be any argument after their failure...... SWISSPORT
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:27 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vantage03
Glad it worked well.
LX HON team failed me in ZRH last week, delayed incoming from LUX leaving me 20mins to connect to MIA (HON in paid F). Landed at remote stand. No car. Had to get the bus then RUN to A Lounge where they said I'd have to wait for the next shuttle which was leaving at the same time as my flight. Had to push them to arrange a special car, car stand said they'd ordered me a direct transfer and don't know what happened. Hopeless. Due to forced car made it as they were about to close the door. I trust the system in FRA as it's always worked for me, ZRH they don't seem to be able to abide by their own rules sometimes.
I think it really depends what F Class Lounge staff is on service at the time, at least from my very limited experience of flying LX F...
Whenever I asked for the car they usually tried to organize one as soon as possible, the longest I've waited so far were a few minutes (because they had to find a driver, funnily in this scenarion we were joined by a guy flying to India whose flight was sheduled to depart in the next ten minutes, and we got the limousine instead of the van too that time). All other times I could just walk to the counter at the entrance, ask for the limousine, proceed to the limousine counter, scan the boarding pass and immedaitly head down to either the van or the limousine.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: LH HON
Well, I recently arrived in ZRH early enough to change to an earlier flight. I got to the lounge at 4:45, boarding started at 5:05, flight was at 5:35. I was told they can rebook me to that flight but I would have to walk to the gate and take the bus as they won’t have drivers until then...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Funny how this changed from „can they save my connection in Franfurt? Yes they can, they are always great“ to „In Zurich they suck“...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Funny how this changed from „can they save my connection in Franfurt? Yes they can, they are always great“ to „In Zurich they suck“...
well, that sums the thread and the truth pretty much up
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Yea, it’s FT

And HON’ s are having a worse experience in ZRH than with LH at FRA for tight connections or irrops
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I think it really depends what F Class Lounge staff is on service at the time, .
& how is that acceptable to any F pax or HON ? Either they want to provide a full service in F or they don’t, it should never be down to which member of Staff is on duty, like a lottery
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
If the system only works some of the time, it defeats the purpose of the whole system. It's meant to give us peace of mind that we'll be taken care of, but the reality is that we still have the same, if not more stress, that we won't make our connections. Now we're playing a guessing game--will there be support or not?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Originally Posted by sophialite
If the system only works some of the time, it defeats the purpose of the whole system. It's meant to give us peace of mind that we'll be taken care of, but the reality is that we still have the same, if not more stress, that we won't make our connections. Now we're playing a guessing game--will there be support or not?
My last three connections in ZRH have been sub 1h, flying in F. Compared to the longer connections, where I don't mind the bit of a walk to FCL A and be driven, the short connection assistance is a complete disaster, especially when doing D to E. From what I've learnt, LX has its hands tied by Airport Security Control, but that doesn't mean its a convenient excuse not to perform.

Comparatively, LH is far better with short connections and I have been driven almost every time in FRA. Sometimes an agent to receive upon arrival in case of irrops.

Glad it worked out well San Gottardo!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bowzer91
My last three connections in ZRH have been sub 1h, flying in F. Compared to the longer connections, where I don't mind the bit of a walk to FCL A and be driven, the short connection assistance is a complete disaster, especially when doing D to E. From what I've learnt, LX has its hands tied by Airport Security Control, but that doesn't mean its a convenient excuse not to perform.

Comparatively, LH is far better with short connections and I have been driven almost every time in FRA. Sometimes an agent to receive upon arrival in case of irrops.

Glad it worked out well San Gottardo!
LX gave the entire job to SWISSPORT, so they tied their own hands

LH F & HON handling in FRA is managed by LH.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Excellent RDS service today

Due to a delayed inbound, parked at the Eastern end of FRA by the highway. Doors opened 5 minutes before scheduled departure of my connecting flight. The LH staff said they would try and get me to my flight, but my bagage might not make it, they advised. Anyway, after the usual platform tour and the quick stop at the RDS passport booth, I made it, as the last pax. I was on board 5 minutes after scheduled departure, having had to climb the outside spiral staircase (elevator was already locked) and board through the rear bridge as the front bridge had already been disconnected.

Kudos to LH! They treat their HON customers well.

(Will have to pick up a duck on the return)
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
Due to a delayed inbound, parked at the Eastern end of FRA by the highway. Doors opened 5 minutes before scheduled departure of my connecting flight. The LH staff said they would try and get me to my flight, but my bagage might not make it, they advised. Anyway, after the usual platform tour and the quick stop at the RDS passport booth, I made it, as the last pax. I was on board 5 minutes after scheduled departure, having had to climb the outside spiral staircase (elevator was already locked) and board through the rear bridge as the front bridge had already been disconnected.

Kudos to LH! They treat their HON customers well.

(Will have to pick up a duck on the return)
Glad you made it !

It has to be experienced to understand fully just how amazing this service is & full credit to the team at FRA ^

LX should send some of their SWISSPORT Staff down to FRA for some training
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
Reminds me of my experience on Christmas Day some years ago. My inbound flight was late and parked near Kelsterbach 2 minutes before scheduled departure of my connecting flight from C - my first time on A380 in 1A! Cabin crew told me a car would drive me directly to my connecting flight as they knew its departure was delayed. Arriving from the UK no security or passport check was necessary although I had to enter the terminal to have my BP scanned.

Due to a misplaced pushback truck the departure was delayed by some 50 minutes but my luggage did not make it. On arrival in NRT an ANA employee with a clipboard was waiting for me to take down details of my bag as we walked to immigration. They must have put my bag on a later ANA flight as it was delivered to where I was staying on the outskirts of Tokyo later that afternoon!

The service worked even for a Cessna HON™
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:32 pm

That is some exemplary LH service.
(Guess being a HON/SEN is what it takes to make FRA bearable. Maybe some day...)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
SEN doesn’t really cut it for that airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.