Search

LH boarding pass *P instead of *G?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
LH boarding pass *P instead of *G?

First time flying LH. My boarding pass has UA*P on it instead of UA*G as I would usually get (and did on the UA first leg of the ticket.) So why P?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
First time flying LH. My boarding pass has UA*P on it instead of UA*G as I would usually get (and did on the UA first leg of the ticket.) So why P?
Probably missed off the VI infront
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
It means Program
UA FFP
For some reason system did not recognize your status.
I advice later to check that miles are credited, maybe there was some mistake on enterinf FFP number?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd worry also about getting *Gold benefits based on the LH segment, such as lounge access if it's an international itinerary.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd worry also about getting *Gold benefits based on the LH segment, such as lounge access if it's an international itinerary.
even a domestic trip would get Lounge access on LH
anyway, just show your card and you’re good no matter what’s on the BP.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Apparently this happens very often and has been reported many times in this thread. As stated above it simply means that the LH system is unable to verify your status. Nevertheless the miles/points will most likely post correctly and the BP should work for lounge access. Although annoying it is really a non issue.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:06 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
All LH lounges have capability to scan your card.

Additional baggage allowance will most likely require supervisor intervention, but should not be a problem.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

IMHO this really is an issue and should be corrected. While lounge access can be made to work in case of IIROPS or OP-upgrades you are treated as a regular passenger, which could mean you get less favourable alternate routing and that you stay in your class of service. I'm pretty sure I missed an op-up on my recent MUC-BOS flight from PE to business, as I was on a G ticket and couldn't assign a seat even at checkin. The flight was J9/G5 which probably meant 4 overbooked and I was handed a middle PE seat at boarding. I'm pretty sure had my status been recognised I would have either ended up in business or at least had an aisle seat.

So long
-Ralf
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by fl1ger
Moin!

The flight was J9/G5 which probably meant 4 overbooked and I was handed a middle PE seat at boarding. I'm pretty sure had my status been recognised I would have either ended up in business or at least had an aisle seat.
Wishful thinking. LH doesn't upgrade according to status - and all HON/SEN/FTL on the flight would have been ahead of you anyway. Most likely your Gold status would not have made any difference.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This happens all the time and is no need for concern. It's beeped me into the SEN lounge more than once.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
[QUOTE=fl1ger;30455513]Moin!

IMHO this really is an issue and should be corrected. /QUOTE]

If it was an issue ... it should be corrected. But it is not. The system still shows you as SAG.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've had this happen when I've used UA or CO miles for LH. Having the ticket agent delete and reenter my FF Number and then reprint my BPs has gotten it to show UA*G properly.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wishful thinking. LH doesn't upgrade according to status - and all HON/SEN/FTL on the flight would have been ahead of you anyway. Most likely your Gold status would not have made any difference.
I'm not sure. I understand that LH premiers would have been before me, but I had more op-ups on LH then I had on United despite my flying being 2/3 United 1/3 LH. I usually have one or two on LH every year (typically in summer though), and one every couple of years in United.

So long
-Ralf
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Apparently this happens very often and has been reported many times in this thread.
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
My boarding pass has UA*P on it instead of UA*G as I would usually get (and did on the UA first leg of the ticket.) So why P?
A few years ago there was a thread about UA Golds getting UAP on their BP. UA*P is a definite improvement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.