Search

How to remove non-M&M card from boarding pass? [apps, web checkin?]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Der 5* FTL
How to remove non-M&M card from boarding pass? [apps, web checkin?]

Hi all,

Last weekend, I've been (twice actually) forced to add my TK *G to a boarding pass.

I have however wanted to credit the flights to M&M. To that effect I tried to use OS and LH apps to change the frequent flyer information, however, I was unable to do so at all in OS app, and could only add TK in M&M, could not force it to be removed.

Is there at this time an app I can use to remove the card from the BP, so I don't have to ask the staff to do so? LX app maybe?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:19 pm

AFAIK you can always change the number at check-in or at the gate prior to boarding.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
AFAIK you can always change the number at check-in or at the gate prior to boarding.
What an amazing tip! You're telling the OP that (s)he can always do at CI or at the gate what (s)he, explicitely, wants to avoid doing!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
You're telling the OP that (s)he can always do at CI or at the gate what (s)he, explicitely, wants to avoid doing!
The concept of check-in does include OLCI.

Originally Posted by KLouis
What an amazing tip!
​​​​​​How would you rate your own contribution?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Yeah well, KLouis sort of has a point...

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Is there at this time an app I can use to remove the card from the BP, so I don't have to ask the staff to do so?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:16 pm

​​​​​​How would you rate your own contribution?
Mine was not a tip intending at helping the OP, but a direct comment. Don't be offended, just read more carefully.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:58 am
Original Poster

In that case, which website should I use to remove the TK number from my BP during OLCI?
Mind you, at this point I'm already checked in at least once.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why does it matter the number is on the BP?

If you change to M&M before departure, and while CI is still open miles will go to M&M and BP will still have Priority on it. You'll get into the lounge as well as the BP check in the LH lounges is just an offline check reading the BP. Those min wage agents do not have access to the LH DCS. (Thank goodness).
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
If you change to M&M before departure, and while CI is still open miles will go to M&M and BP will still have Priority on it. You'll get into the lounge as well as the BP check in the LH lounges is just an offline check reading the BP. Those min wage agents do not have access to the LH DCS. (Thank goodness).
So you say the miles will go to M&M even though my BP says TK*G and gives my TK FFP number?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. The BP is a snapshot in a moment of time. It doesn't update automatically, just like if your seat changes.

Maybe the issue is actually with LX, because don't they use LX ground staff to check eligible lounge access who are using the DCS? In which case, just enter the lounge before OLCI closes, then update the FQTV using the app.

If you're saying that even after switching to M&M (for whatever reason) you want a BP and it still says TK then that's not my experience. Though, why you would want a BP without priority boarding on it is unusual.

Of course, removing a FQTV before departure to a lower-one will mean you are no longer *G on the PIL and pax changing seats may be able to choose your seat block, if your PCV is actually eligible.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes. The BP is a snapshot in a moment of time. It doesn't update automatically, just like if your seat changes.
Well it did change when I added TK card. From showing M/M it then showed TK*G.
And it did this in both LH and OS apps, although I couldn't actually add it in OS app, I had to do it through the LH app.

Maybe the issue is actually with LX, because don't they use LX ground staff to check eligible lounge access who are using the DCS? In which case, just enter the lounge before OLCI closes, then update the FQTV using the app.
The core issue was that I haven't received my new TK*G card and I couldn't use the digital card due to planned maintenance of the Miles&Smiles digital systems.
LX was not involved at all in this, though maybe I should have tried their app to see if I could remove the FFP. (FWIW it was OS operated OS marketed LH ticketed flight, with contract and OS lounges)

The lounge dragon in KSC suggested I try adding the card in the OLCI, which updated the BPs to show TK*G and subsequently I was admitted.
Same situation happened in VIE, where the lounge dragon did the change herself. (in lounge in KSC, checkin systems are not available to the dragon)

If you're saying that even after switching to M&M (for whatever reason) you want a BP and it still says TK then that's not my experience. Though, why you would want a BP without priority boarding on it is unusual.

Of course, removing a FQTV before departure to a lower-one will mean you are no longer *G on the PIL and pax changing seats may be able to choose your seat block, if your PCV is actually eligible.
I've never had issue during priority boarding without having status on the BP, either I'd shown the physical gold card, or (more usually), wasn't checked at all. The scanner does not enforce priority boarding by itself.
And either way, I didn't have a carryon, so I could easily board later. The most important part for me was to ensure that the flights don't credit to TK, since as of that morning I was 1 segment short of FTL qualification and I don't really want to risk having to do FTL qualification in the last week of December.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your BPs update automatically without you requesting them again? That’s not my experience using the iOS App. Whether using the Apple Passbook BP or the “mobile” one in the App. Neither updates automatically to any changes on the booking such as seat or FQTV.

So if I were you, I would have done the checkin the night before, downloaded BPs and anytime from then until OLCI closes updated that to the M&M card. Whether you then download the new BPs or not it doesn’t really matter.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Your BPs update automatically without you requesting them again? That’s not my experience using the iOS App. Whether using the Apple Passbook BP or the “mobile” one in the App. Neither updates automatically to any changes on the booking such as seat or FQTV.

For LH it updates automatically on changing it, for OS, it updates sometimes, sometimes I have to update it manually.

So if I were you, I would have done the checkin the night before, downloaded BPs and anytime from then until OLCI closes updated that to the M&M card. Whether you then download the new BPs or not it doesn’t really matter.
Yes, but HOW do I get it to go to Miles and More card?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine has never ever done that. Is that the experience of other people? That your BPs update automatically with seat changes and what not?

You change the FQTV at OLCI as I keep saying. It’s very simple and works fine.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

You change the FQTV at OLCI as I keep saying. It’s very simple and works fine.
Which OLCI? Lufthansa web? Austrian web?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.