Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Lufthansa FRA First Class Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Question on Lufthansa FRA First Class Terminal

I'm debating on booking a very long layover, and I suspect the answer is no, but I wanted to make sure -

my flight would be booked business class. CGN-MUC-FRA-ORD. I think all of the short flights are 2 class only (so no first), and the FRA-ORD is a United flight (so also 2 class).

....based on that, I wouldn't have access to the FRA 1st class terminal for a potential 10+ hour layover, right? I assume there's no way to 'trick' the system (I'd be willing to pay out of pocket) to get it?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:47 pm

The First Class temrinal is only for Lufthansa first class passengers. Not for partner airlines like United. And I don’t think there’s an option to pay for entry but I may be wrong about that part.

Last edited by Merlinrnr; Nov 13, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The short answer is, unfortunately: no way.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The simplest way is to rebook from UA C to LH F on the FRA-ORD segment...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I guess it was pretty clear from the beginning that you wouldn't have access, but I wonder two things:

1. With no first class in your itinerary, why the question, and

2. If you are starting in CGN, might it not be easier to take the train to FRA, rather than fly to Munich first?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The short answer is, unfortunately: no way.
or rather: fortunately the idea of the FCT is to offer a quiet and exclusive environment - if they’d let UA C in, it would be as exclusive as the Polaris lounges...
Unterwegs, chris63, N1003U and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:38 am

Well, the ways that come to mind to get into a LH F lounge without F ticket are:
  • Miles and More HON Circle Members
  • LH customers can get into the Munich/Frankfurt F Lounge if they hold an Amex Centurion. But that doesn't work in the Frankfurt First Terminal.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
or rather: fortunately the idea of the FCT is to offer a quiet and exclusive environment - if they’d let UA C in, it would be as exclusive as the Polaris lounges...
Good point.

Right after I had written the comment, I thought to myself "well, it's unfortunate for her, but not for most of us who do get to use the F facilities when we fly F or through HON status" and hoped nobody would discover the imprecision in my wording. But you did. ^
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Good point.

Right after I had written the comment, I thought to myself "well, it's unfortunate for her, but not for most of us who do get to use the F facilities when we fly F or through HON status" and hoped nobody would discover the imprecision in my wording. But you did. ^
It's welcome here. No room for United pax in our F lounges. Thx.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
It's welcome here. No room for United pax in our F lounges. Thx.
The capacity of the F-lounges has just not been designed to handle all UA (and LH) J-pax, whether we like it or not.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
1. With no first class in your itinerary, why the question, and 2. If you are starting in CGN, might it not be easier to take the train to FRA, rather than fly to Munich first?
Sorry folks, didn't mean to overstep - I assumed that this was the case. (That the answer is there is NO way...) (Mostly just slightly annoyed that UA won't sell F, even when 95% of the route is still flying 3 class planes)

Perhaps a better question might have been:
I need to get from CGN to ORD on (early) 12/16. I can leave any time on saturday (12/15), but I'm really looking to get on to the 8:30 FRA-ORD flight.
i'm also chasing miles, and unfortunately, taking the train from CGN to FRA will leave me ~800 miles short. (AAARGH)

All the flight combos my corporate travel agency searches are coming up with leave me with a 12 hour layover in FRA, which I'm considering (i'm even considering it without any first class terminal option, but if I could finagle flights, that's probably my best option...) so if any of the flight gurus could suggest a better itinerary where I could potentially pay OOP from business to a first class upgrade, I'd appreciate it.)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ophelia
Sorry folks, didn't mean to overstep - I assumed that this was the case. (That the answer is there is NO way...) (Mostly just slightly annoyed that UA won't sell F, even when 95% of the route is still flying 3 class planes)

Perhaps a better question might have been:
I need to get from CGN to ORD on (early) 12/16. I can leave any time on saturday (12/15), but I'm really looking to get on to the 8:30 FRA-ORD flight.
i'm also chasing miles, and unfortunately, taking the train from CGN to FRA will leave me ~800 miles short. (AAARGH)

All the flight combos my corporate travel agency searches are coming up with leave me with a 12 hour layover in FRA, which I'm considering (i'm even considering it without any first class terminal option, but if I could finagle flights, that's probably my best option...) so if any of the flight gurus could suggest a better itinerary where I could potentially pay OOP from business to a first class upgrade, I'd appreciate it.)
can you fly from DUS?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Sure, why not?

(I mean, as long as my flights are in the same $$ range (and mileage range), I think my manager would be flexible
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Sure, why not?

(I mean, as long as my flights are in the same $$ range (and mileage range), I think my manager would be flexible
DUS-FRA-ORD works connecting to the early flight. it's an early departure from DUS, but it is doable.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Would that be taking a train as a train, or taking a train as a part of the ticket? I'm not sure if AirRail is available from Cologne, but mostly the AirRail trains act like domestic flights mileagewise, which might work for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.