Aircraft swap LH 431

Old Nov 4, 18, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
Aircraft swap LH 431

Hi all, noticed a aircraft swap from b747 to A340 for LH 431 on 12/19/2018. My amateur investigation says the swap applies to some other days as well, quite strange and its so far out. Anyone has any info on the reasons for this?
Old Nov 4, 18, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Maybe they want the 747 for something else? Maybe they figure loads are lighter? Not sure you will find the real reason.
Old Nov 5, 18, 12:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Ordfly View Post
Hi all, noticed a aircraft swap from b747 to A340 for LH 431 on 12/19/2018. My amateur investigation says the swap applies to some other days as well, quite strange and its so far out. Anyone has any info on the reasons for this?
There could be many reasons for this... Nothing strange about it, IMHO - airlines do know well ahead when they plan maintenance, extra routes etc... But before you ask, NO, it is not reason for you to get accommodated on another flight or get refunded etc - your contract with Lufthansa is to get you from point A to point B (in this case from ORD to FRA) but there is nothing about the particular metal...
Old Nov 5, 18, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN
I scheduled was on LH756 on 3 Nov, and that too was switched out from a 748 to a 744. I was booked in F and had to be rerouted through ZRH.

The next day it was operated by a A346.

The likely cause is an A380 going tech earlier which has had a cascading effect, and LH may not have enough aircraft with F to spread across the winter schedule.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: