Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow (LHR) Lufthansa lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

T2B is really not far away, try to go there in future.

I think a lot more pax would go to T2B if they knew or were eligible, there’s a lot of families flying with a SEN or HON (in Y) who wouldn’t have enough guesting rights to use the Star Lounges so they’re stuck in Helga’s roasting, under catered and ram packed shack.

Staff obviously never tell pax they could use T2B.

Perhaps they should remove the family benefit for SEN and HON with immediate effect to relieve cost pressure and reduce crowding.
NewAtlantis and Harper50505 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by hugolover
Staff obviously never tell pax they could use T2B.
unfortunately that’s true. Last month I flew with Swiss in C and the check in agent told me that I can use the LH lounge. I did tell him that I will probably go to the others one but he seemed quite surprised and replied “Swiss only uses the LH lounge, I don’t think you can use other star alliance lounges”. Obviously a menzies or whatever the company called staff who didn’t know much about Star Alliance policy.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably none of them do because it costs them money which is precisely the reason that the four Star carriers with lounges have their own lounges to reduce costs.

AC is crap but I'm sure most AC pax use it than head to slightly better SQ or much better UA.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Probably none of them do because it costs them money which is precisely the reason that the four Star carriers with lounges have their own lounges to reduce costs.

AC is crap but I'm sure most AC pax use it than head to slightly better SQ or much better UA.
And that’s exactly the reason I always visit all 4 of them to spread the cost equally
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:23 pm

Have you been in the AC lounge post covid? I used to quite like it and I have quite a bit of AC coming up, I guess there's always United - never been a fan of SQ.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, been a few times. Tasteless “goulash” that isn’t and no more Champagne it’s only Prosecco. I’ve asked and been told it’s gone. Plus the toasties are gone.

I can’t see any reason to pick AC over SQ or UA.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN
The SQ lounge is open later than the UA which closes at 6pm.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like AC closes at 8 now too?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
As someone that passes through LHR T2 weekly, I don’t think any of the lounges in T2B are so much better than the crappy LH lounge that they’re worth the schlep over and back
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sodexho is looking for a lot of staff to operate the VS, UA and LH lounge: https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Sodexo/job...London&start=0
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
As someone that passes through LHR T2 weekly, I don’t think any of the lounges in T2B are so much better than the crappy LH lounge that they’re worth the schlep over and back
That would depend on the time of your flight, not sure I’d bother for breakfast.

It’s good exercise to keep the beer belly away
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:32 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Perhaps they should remove the family benefit for SEN and HON with immediate effect to relieve cost pressure and reduce crowding.
Wishful thinking along with designating the C lounges *G, so at least we will be among ourselves . I noticed often obnoxious self entitled families in the LHR SEN lounge too , just stop in the C lounge then .
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by behuman
Wishful thinking along with designating the C lounges *G, so at least we will be among ourselves . I noticed often obnoxious self entitled families in the LHR SEN lounge too , just stop in the C lounge then .
My kids love the LH lounges (not necessarily because of one at LHR) and behave much better than many of the self-entitled "business people" getting their *G for cheap from some of the less mainstream *A airlines.
behuman, MichielR and MasterGberry like this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Jun 15, 2022 at 7:58 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Yes, been a few times. Tasteless “goulash” that isn’t and no more Champagne it’s only Prosecco. I’ve asked and been told it’s gone. Plus the toasties are gone.

I can’t see any reason to pick AC over SQ or UA.
Well, the lounge attendants (I recently interacted with) at the AC lounge are much friendlier, on average, than at the other two T2B lounges. Food during my last visit two weeks ago wasn't even too bad and there was Laurent-P-bubbly when I asked for it. For me, the red prawn curry hit the spot:

Each of the *A T2B lounge has something going for it, depending what you are looking for.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lucky you... They didn't even have any branded napkins, just some cheap ones. Got the last can of Fever Tree too.

Perhaps I am being discriminated against and that's why there is no champagne for me? I was dressed. I'll give it one more go next week.
NewAtlantis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.