Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 might feature first class...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by worldclubber

I would still much rather see evolution than revolution there. Different from the „suites“ products, some good and some bad, on many other airlines.
Something similar to LX from A333 F to B77W F would be very welcome IMO. A bit more privacy but not too boxed in.
worldclubber and Vixit like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
In the same airlineratings interview Carsten Spohr also mentions the possibility of ordering B787s instead of additional A350s for the Group.

“The Boeing 787 would be an alternative to ordering more A350s, for which we still have options. ... Both the A350 as well as the 787 are very well suited for thinner routes from our mega hubs, but also for our smaller hubs. ... We would not operate A350s and 787s side by side at the same hub, but possibly both aircraft at different hubs ... The decision on if we will order further A350s or 787s for the first time will be taken in the coming months.”

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/...ls-777x-plans/
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:32 am

I would still much rather see evolution than revolution there. Different from the „suites“ products, some good and some bad, on many other airlines.
I agree. I don't need the bling, doors, multiple seats, shower...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In the same airlineratings interview Carsten Spohr also mentions the possibility of ordering B787s instead of additional A350s for the Group.

“The Boeing 787 would be an alternative to ordering more A350s, for which we still have options. ... Both the A350 as well as the 787 are very well suited for thinner routes from our mega hubs, but also for our smaller hubs. ... We would not operate A350s and 787s side by side at the same hub, but possibly both aircraft at different hubs ... The decision on if we will order further A350s or 787s for the first time will be taken in the coming months.”
Taking a closer look at the wording, I get the impression that he wouldn't mind a discount from one of the manufacturers to make his decision easier.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:45 am

Taking a closer look at the wording, I get the impression that he wouldn't mind a discount from one of the manufacturers to make his decision easier.
Like any good business man would do. Even if they are sticking with A350, this will put some pressure on Airbus negotiators.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by view
Like any good business man would do. Even if they are sticking with A350, this will put some pressure on Airbus negotiators.
Of course.

And the manufacturers know that LH Group can pull it off, if they really want to.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

Something similar to LX from A333 F to B77W F would be very welcome IMO. A bit more privacy but not too boxed in.
Yes, I would certainly like more privacy.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I don't think much needs to be done to make F more competitive in the current market. In its current form it's already superior to any other European carriers except Swiss and AF. LH will never have suites, so the comparable F product on SQ/EK/Cathay isn't that much superior either. Just make the screens bigger (my new iPad Pro screen is basically the same size now, which either says something about LH F's IFE or my iPad, not sure), add in a bit more tech features, add a little bit more privacy and just refresh the upholstery. The seat is otherwise perfect for sleeping on, in my experience.

I love the LX 77W first class. It's just the perfect experience, and I don't really have any desire to fly in suites. The only reason I sometimes do LH instead is the slightly better and more consistent ground support. Since I connect a lot in FRA, rather than originate, the FCT doesn't really do much for me unless I go out of my way to go there, which isn't a good use of my time. FCL B is basically the same experience w/o feeling like you're in a separate terminal. That lack of added exclusivity might make smelling your own farts a little less appetizing. I don't know.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
FCL B is basically the same experience w/o feeling like you're in a separate terminal.
That’s why I prefer the FCL in B anyway.
The Wolf likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I don't think much needs to be done to make F more competitive in the current market. In its current form it's already superior to any other European carriers except Swiss and AF.
LH F superior to any other European carriers except SWISS and AF? That is a long way of saying it is better than BA... I would guess they are more ambitious than that.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

I view LX and LH as the same airline. And while the AF 777W hard product is better, the rest of it sadly is not.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by chris63

And the current F is now showing its age, however LH have never been anywhere near leading the market in seats...
I would disagree with you on this one. If I am looking at e.g. BA - 14 seats in a 747 squeezed. I personally like the current FCL seat in LH as well as LX. For me the interesting question would be if the 777X will come with 4 or 8 FCL seats.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
I would disagree with you on this one. If I am looking at e.g. BA - 14 seats in a 747 squeezed. I personally like the current FCL seat in LH as well as LX. For me the interesting question would be if the 777X will come with 4 or 8 FCL seats.
I certainly rate LH F above BA but there is more privacy in BA.

LH F IFE is old with a now small screen, it is showing its age & the least private F of the EU carriers, LX F being much newer is excellent.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

I don't think privacy as between LH F and BA F is appreciably different.

And BA is garbage.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think privacy as between LH F and BA F is appreciably different.

And BA is garbage.
On the newer BA F seats it is & BA F is hardly garbage but for sure it’s not at LH F level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.