Search

Get into Lounge with expired Gold Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Get into Lounge with expired Gold Status

Hello together,

I had the Senator Status of the MM Porgram until last month. My question is now, I still have the exprired card, can I use it into Star Alliance Lounges or are they doing a verification of my account in their system?

Thanks,

Jam3s
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:48 am

How did you have a SEN that expired in September
El_Duderito likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You want advice on how to commit a crime? Wrong forum.
chris63 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:16 am
Original Poster

I mean last year, sorry.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: LH HON
Why would they need the system? The expiration is ON the card
chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jam3s
Hello together,

I had the Senator Status of the MM Porgram until last month. My question is now, I still have the exprired card, can I use it into Star Alliance Lounges or are they doing a verification of my account in their system?

Thanks,

Jam3s
It's hard to discern if you are woefully or willfully misguided.
If your card is only from last year, what if I had a card from ten years ago? Would I bet allowed in?
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:46 am

While I have been admitted into lounges without a valid card, I always had a better excuse to even try that then "my card expired".
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:31 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
No soup, err, Lounge Access for you!
NEXT!
mmff likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Okey okey, don't panic. I asked nobody to help me to commit a crime... The real question is if they pass your card number in the system or not, I don't want to know more.

Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I think that in many *A lounges you enter by scanning the QR code on your BP which contains your FFP & current status as well as class of travel, flight number, etc.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 12, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If the system doubts your status after scanning the boarding pass it asks to swipe/scan the card. Obviously the card you swip will have an expiry date that has passed so the 'computer will say no'. Minimum wage agents guarding the entrance of the Lufthansa pleasure temples are not allowed to waive entrance requirements. If 'computer says no' you can stand on your head and wave your arms all you want but still not gain entry.
jam3s, LondonElite and mcfly22 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

You can close the thread
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the system doubts your status after scanning the boarding pass it asks to swipe/scan the card. Obviously the card you swip will have an expiry date that has passed so the 'computer will say no'. Minimum wage agents guarding the entrance of the Lufthansa pleasure temples are not allowed to waive entrance requirements. If 'computer says no' you can stand on your head and wave your arms all you want but still not gain entry.
.... which is really frustrating when this happens erroneously. I only had an electronic version of my A3*G card at the FRA B SEN lounge and she was not budging despite the status being on my BP. One of the lounge angels from inside came and rescued me.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

.... which is really frustrating when this happens erroneously. I only had an electronic version of my A3*G card at the FRA B SEN lounge and she was not budging despite the status being on my BP. One of the lounge angels from inside came and rescued me.
That happened to me last week with the same status.

When I got home from that trip I dug out the physical Altitude card and put it in my wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.