Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace

Old May 22, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New GLA “premium” lounge

GLA will have a new lounge opening in the summer with a similar setup to the 1903 lounge at MAN, which AF and KL contracts with. At £40 it’s £5 cheaper than 1903.

https://www.glasgowairport.com/at-th...lomond-lounge/

Whats the chance of Helga getting out her gold leaf cheque book and permitting her premium pax to use it? I’d say very slim...

It will be very interesting to see if KL will contract with them. As it stands, there is only the crappy Upperdeck lounge for all carriers at the moment and GLA only has LH and KL (as well as obviously the worlds favourite BArb) and one UA flight, in terms of legacy carriers.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

MAN ‘ Aspire lounge ‘ hit a new low point today.... not an easy task.... out of 3 Coffee machines, 2 were completely inoperable & one had just the single option..... & at 06.30 not a single newspaper Staff said ‘ they have all been stolen ‘ ......
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63

MAN ‘ Aspire lounge ‘ hit a new low point today.... not an easy task.... out of 3 Coffee machines, 2 were completely inoperable & one had just the single option..... & at 06.30 not a single newspaper Staff said ‘ they have all been stolen ‘ ......
So you'd better like Americano.

Joking aside, I wished they would close the lounge and open a different one, with a half decent offering and bathrooms inside the lounge.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 13, 2019 at 5:45 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not particularly Didn’t even look drinkable, maybe affected by the same bug the other options had .....

Another complaint being composed but I hope it won’t fall on deaf ears again.... bathrooms outside I don’t go near, simply look like a heath hazard....
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting a pic of the coffee machine. Same one in EDI. I was thinking of this machine when I was at the breakfast room at the Hilton Budapest (Castle).
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Thanks for posting a pic of the coffee machine. Same one in EDI. I was thinking of this machine when I was at the breakfast room at the Hilton Budapest (Castle).
Welcome, hope the EDI one functions better than the 3 at MAN, lucky you in Budapest
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Another black day at MAN. The airport is an embarrassment.
  • Escalators at the station not working
  • Walkways/travelators between station and T1 not working
  • Mini escalator into the terminal proper not working and fenced off
  • Airside walkways not working
  • Lounge wifi doesn't connect with my android phone. They tell me it's known problem, they're working on it. (but its been known for over a year ....)
which sets the mood for the next disappointment:
  • Lufthansa delayed: no chance of connection at FRA, but LH refuse to reroute through LHR/BA, or indeed any other combination. So that'll be 24 hours late into Sao Paulo.
And it gets worse at FRA - valiant attempt to make the connection, but with absolutely ZERO assistance from the airline. The C-gate shuttle bus takes me to B. I finally make it to C but the hope of a seat on the Rio flight evaporates.

Shunted off to the Steigenberger for an overnight. Booted out at midday ("Lufthansa refuses to pay us for day use") so 10 hours to kick my heels the airport.

The joys of being a Lufhansa Senator (with those all-important two stars )!

Sorry about the rant.
chris63, more4less, N1003U and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
  • Lounge wifi doesn't connect with my android phone. They tell me it's known problem, they're working on it. (but its been known for over a year ....)
  • Lufthansa delayed: no chance of connection at FRA, but LH refuse to reroute through LHR/BA, or indeed any other combination. So that'll be 24 hours late into Sao Paulo.
And it gets worse at FRA - valiant attempt to make the connection, but with absolutely ZERO assistance from the airline. The C-gate shuttle bus takes me to B. I finally make it to C but the hope of a seat on the Rio flight evaporates.

Shunted off to the Steigenberger for an overnight. Booted out at midday ("Lufthansa refuses to pay us for day use") so 10 hours to kick my heels the airport.

Sorry about the rant.
Well, at least from C, the trek to the Steigenberger is a bit shorter...

I am a bit surprised there wasn't more effort to re-route you and/or otherwise expedite your transfer to your long-haul connection (but perhaps not overly so, given the quality of the staffing at many outstations these days), and yes, it does seem that most folks in FRA who even feign to be customer-oriented go home early in the day, so perhaps it is not so surprising there was no help expediting your connection.

Fair winds on the rest of your journey.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry about the rant.
Wow, that makes a lack of coffee pale into insignificance...... MAN T1 is indeed a disgrace.

I’m still wondering what my 2* s are for...

Your trip can only get better from here & hope you can at least claim 600 EUR from LH
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:54 am

Sorry about the rant.
Sounds like a terrible day. Have a great trip from now on!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Lufthansa delayed: no chance of connection at FRA, but LH refuse to reroute through LHR/BA, or indeed any other combination. So that'll be 24 hours late into Sao Paulo.

According to LH.com yesterday’s LH947 arrived 32 mins late at 21:27 (ANS bus gate) and LH500 departed 5 mins late at 22:20 from C. The transfer time of 80 mins was reduced to 48 mins but possibly doable if the Skyline was running or if the flight arrived at a B gate followed by a walk to the departure gate in C.

Let’s hope LH doesn’t come back with a stupid response that the misconnect was FRAport/the passenger’s fault.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:48 am

That really sucks.

I have a J ticket with LH booked for August and I was assuming that in case of missconnection I will be rebooked in *A flights rather than being stuck in MUC for 24h (there is only one flight a day). If LH is not willing to rebook to at least *A, what is the point in paying a premium?

Regarding MAN, I can only say from the 4 years I lived there that it was not that bad if flying Y, but hardly a "premium" experience flying J.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
That really sucks.

I have a J ticket with LH booked for August and I was assuming that in case of missconnection I will be rebooked in *A flights rather than being stuck in MUC for 24h (there is only one flight a day). If LH is not willing to rebook to at least *A, what is the point in paying a premium?

Regarding MAN, I can only say from the 4 years I lived there that it was not that bad if flying Y, but hardly a "premium" experience flying J.
They do rebook, but there are not too many options to GIG and if you miss the flight that leaves after 10 pm, you get stuck at FRA.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Now Eurowings have relocated at Manchester to T2 (I believe Lufthansa will also move soon) I dream of the T1 Aspire lounge!!! Also in T2 I hope you are fit and like walking.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade
Now Eurowings have relocated at Manchester to T2 (I believe Lufthansa will also move soon) I dream of the T1 Aspire lounge!!! Also in T2 I hope you are fit and like walking.
Depending on what source you trust all *A carriers currently at MAN T1 should be moving to T2 sometime between 2022 and 2024.

According to *A website (which may not be entirely reliable) there are about 190 weekly *A departures from MAN at present including longhaul flights by SQ (10), UA (7) and ET (4 via BRU). I’m still hoping that one of the *A airlines (SQ?) might open its own lounge for all *A passengers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.