Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What’s the Terminal 3 Escape like?

Is there any upsell opportunity for the 1903 lounge if you’re eligible to access the Escape?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
What’s the Terminal 3 Escape like?

Is there any upsell opportunity for the 1903 lounge if you’re eligible to access the Escape?
Not great but marginally better than ‘Aspire’, beverages are higher quality, Aspire only offers the cheapest they can find & catering is a little more extensive

Not aware of any updell to 1903
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I actually don’t mind the Escape Lounges. They’re friendly enough, you can get a bacon or sausage butty in the morning and the red wine is just about acceptable. Often very busy though. The 1903 lounges are nicer, with pour your own wines and spirits, and passible champagne. You are best pre booking these if not in business class.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How embarrassing for MAN with their launch of PremAir yesterday, that one of their two original Star Partners (JP) is bust the day before...
chris63 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
How embarrassing for MAN with their launch of PremAir yesterday, that one of their two original Star Partners (JP) is bust the day before...
That’s the very least of MAN’s embarrassments !
hugolover and yurtripper like this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Having read the horror stories in this thread I was pleasantly surprised when flying MAN-BRU on SN from T2 at 17:45 on 23/10.
The terminal was empty, I was the only passenger at security and the food in the Aspire lounge was not gourmet but at least sufficient.
Agree that with the building works the airport layout is a mess as I went round in circles a few times looking for a filling station and then for the car hire dropoff.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tem123
Having read the horror stories in this thread I was pleasantly surprised when flying MAN-BRU on SN from T2 at 17:45 on 23/10.
The terminal was empty, I was the only passenger at security and the food in the Aspire lounge was not gourmet but at least sufficient.
Agree that with the building works the airport layout is a mess as I went round in circles a few times looking for a filling station and then for the car hire dropoff.
T2 is the newest part of MAN & where T1 will move to once it falls down..... Aspire is bearable if you don’t go there when it’s full of LCC pax filling their boots....
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
T2 is the newest part of MAN & where T1 will move to once it falls down..... Aspire is bearable if you don’t go there when it’s full of LCC pax filling their boots....
There were a couple of LCC's due to depart later but no pax yet. I was one of three in the Aspire lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:10 am
Suspended

There were a couple of LCC's due to depart later but no pax yet. I was one of three in the Aspire lounge.
You're lucky. With the LH flights I usually take out of MAN, the lounges accessible via Lufty status and PP are a zoo.

I usually prefer Giraffe or Pret (even though those can get crowded as well).

Last edited by FlyerTalker324193; Oct 27, 2019 at 3:11 am Reason: I guess with Giraffe, nomen est omen.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
On most of my more recent visits, usually in the morning, the Aspire lounge was fairly full. And the bathroom outside the lounge doesn't help either. For a short stay, the view from the elevated tables at the window with the power outlets and a drink makes it worthwhile going there, but I wouldn't want to spend a longer layover there.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
On most of my more recent visits, usually in the morning, the Aspire lounge was fairly full. And the bathroom outside the lounge doesn't help either. For a short stay, the view from the elevated tables at the window with the power outlets and a drink makes it worthwhile going there, but I wouldn't want to spend a longer layover there.
They were spoiling you at MAN T1 , no view at ‘Aspire’ T2 if my memory or nightmares serve me correctly
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MAN plumbing the depts again, changed the security set up.... again..... fast track provided by the airline is now a separate channel, which feeds into lane 4, which is also used by every Man & His Dog, so a 5 minute wait, meanwhile there is a ‘Premuim channel, pre paid & there was literally nobody using it this a.m, an entire belt staffed with nothing to do ...... you couldn’t make it up.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Then, of course, the lifts up from the terminal to the station walkway were not working, and the escalator was under maintenance, The stairway door was open though ....but no change to static condition of the moving walkways leading to the station.
Not only the lifts and the escalator to the station walkway were working, but so were ALL six moving walkways (three pairs) last week! Was it a record?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not only the lifts and the escalator to the station walkway were working, but so were ALL six moving walkways (three pairs) last week! Was it a record?
That should put it at least above AMS, where several moving walkways and some escalators are broken at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.