Wiki Posts
Search

upgrade to economy comfort Lufthanse/United airlines with L/K ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:58 am
MVD
Original Poster

upgrade to economy comfort Lufthanse/United airlines with L/K ticket

Is it possible to upgrade my (cheap)Lufthansa ticket in L or K classe offered by Expedia to economy comfort after booking?

Flight is operated by American Airlines.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by MVD
Is it possible to upgrade my (cheap)Lufthansa ticket in L or K classe offered by Expedia to economy comfort after booking?

Just to clarify....you are holding a LH ticket (220) for a flight on American Airlines metal? Never seen that before...
htb likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:28 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Christefan
you are holding a LH ticket (220) for a flight on American Airlines metal? Never seen that before...
Last year I had a ticket issued by SK that included an AA segment on AA metal.

Ever since US jumped ship from *A and went to bed with AA feeder flights to/from CLT (connecting to/from MUC on LH) on AA can be booked through LH and therefore be plated on 220 stock.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MVD
Is it possible to upgrade my (cheap)Lufthansa ticket in L or K class offered by Expedia to economy comfort after booking?

if your flight is operated by AA you better ask this question in the AA forum. It really depends on the carrier and when/how such upgrades are processed when on other ticket stocks. Generally speaking, if it is a simple buy-up at check-in ... that very rarely is dependent on the ticket stock ... definitely on board upgrades. Accomplishing this prior to check-in largely depends if this is a surcharge they can bill or whether it is a different booking class and they need to update the ticket
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by cfischer
if your flight is operated by AA you better ask this question in the AA forum. It really depends on the carrier and when/how such upgrades are processed when on other ticket stocks. Generally speaking, if it is a simple buy-up at check-in ... that very rarely is dependent on the ticket stock ... definitely on board upgrades. Accomplishing this prior to check-in largely depends if this is a surcharge they can bill or whether it is a different booking class and they need to update the ticket
The OP should retrieve the record locator from AA for the AA segment of his LH booking and apply his AA# number, if applicable. After that, it will be up to the AA and their upgrade rules.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:25 am
MVD
Original Poster

I mean United Airlines
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by MVD
I mean United Airlines
Upgrading to Eco+ on UA depends on your status with UA. Retrieve the UA record locator from LH and bring up the reservation via the united.com website being logged in as UA member. Then you should see what options you have for the UA operated flight(s).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
E+ buy-ups should be easy. Go to your UA record locator and get a better seat ... then pay UA. Same cabin and booking class ... that is generally speaking not a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.