Wiki Posts
Search

LH 452 Delayed 4 Hours. Why?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
LH 452 Delayed 4 Hours. Why?

We are at the lounge waiting on LH452 from MUC to LAX. The reception tells us that the flight is delayed since the inbound flight is delayed. The inbound flight they are mentioning is the flight FROM LAX (LH453). The thing is that our flight is originally scheduled to depart at 12:00. The flight FROM LAX is ordinarily scheduled to arrive at 13:30. So, the aircraft for flight 452 is not ordinarily the same aircraft that came in from LAX (a 12:00 departure can not be served by a plane that arrives at 13:30). So the question is what incoming flight to MUC (an A380) ordinarily continues to LAX and why was it delayed today?

s
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
The usual airplane going MUC-LAX is arriving HKG-MUC early morning (and arrived 05:02 this morning).
Why your airplane D-AIME is not in operation (could be scheduled technical) I do not know

The airplane arriving LAX-MUC usually continues MUC-PEK 19:15.

Last edited by sexten; Oct 9, 2018 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
That's it. The pilot said the Hong Kong flight came in with a "structural" issue. Presumably he meant technical. In any case he confirmed that the Hong Kong aircraft ordinarily continues to lax. I wonder if the hkg flight will see an aircraft change tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.