600 000 Status Miles....

Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
600 000 Status Miles....

I will reach with my next flight 600 000 Status Miles within a 2 year period... undortunately only 50 000 HON miles since I am only “allowed” to fly Y+... all miles flown on LH.... always SEN never HON or will LH honor my loyality and I will get the HON? I am asking this since my spend is over 100K€ and theoretically speaking, since M&M is now revenue based, I believe I have spent more than some HONs? Any experiences?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:36 am

Do you have a large team of people flying (and spending) a similar pattern to yours? If yes, you may bring this up to LH and try to work out a deal. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, though.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmff
Do you have a large team of people flying (and spending) a similar pattern to yours? If yes, you may bring this up to LH and try to work out a deal. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, though.
I have 5 people in my team flying about 8-10 interconti returns in Y+ per year.... but to mention I am the decision taker which airline I fly, etc.... but far that my company has some contracts with LH..... So you believe I should contact M&M and see what they say ?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
So you believe I should contact M&M and see what they say ?
It can't hurt.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to go via the person in your company that is touch with the LH key account manager. That said don't expect anything. They clearly adjusted the rules to C/F travel only to reduce the number of low value/margin HONs. 100k€ in PE is not the same margin as 72k€ in C/F.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
300k status miles a year, all in Y or Y+?

I do not want your job, sir
malmostoso and vantage03 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:18 pm

As far as I know: No chance.

They don't make exceptions like that and if they would do an exception for you, they have to tripple or quadruple the number of HONs. The list of celebrities or CEOs of big companies is long, who requested an exception and didn't get one.

They prefer F passengers as HONs, who don't cost anything, because those passengers get most of the perks anyway.

They've invented the Select miles program for heavy non-HON miles flyer.

You could try to change to Eurowings BEST (kind of Y+). As far as I know the only way among to LH train to get HON miles without flying C/F.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by thbe
As far as I know: No chance.

They don't make exceptions like that and if they would do an exception for you, they have to tripple or quadruple the number of HONs. The list of celebrities or CEOs of big companies is long, who requested an exception and didn't get one.

They prefer F passengers as HONs, who don't cost anything, because those passengers get most of the perks anyway.

They've invented the Select miles program for heavy non-HON miles flyer.

You could try to change to Eurowings BEST (kind of Y+). As far as I know the only way among to LH train to get HON miles without flying C/F.
not anymore - since Eurowings introduced Biz class, best doesn’t give hon miles
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
not anymore - since Eurowings introduced Biz class, best doesn’t give hon miles
I see. That makes sense.

So sorry for the OP, no HON miles for Y+.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: LH HON
undortunately only 50 000 HON miles since I am only “allowed” to fly Y+... all miles flown on LH....
Since LH specifically nixed Y/Y+ a couple of years ago when it comes to HON miles, I would be very surprised if they granted an exception in that case

[...] since M&M is now revenue based,
Only a part of M&M is revenue based: bonus miles. Status miles (the relevant part here) isn't.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
300k status miles a year, all in Y or Y+?

I do not want your job, sir
Honestly speaking, it is not sooooo bad.... but of course, could be better for the travelling policy :-)
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Well I see I need to stick to the SEN and thats my destiny and nothing I can do about it... Although I tried to mail LH and speak to my Travel manager, lets see what they say....
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
My advice to you: CHANGE your loyalty to BA and I am sure you will be much rewarded with a better status recognition than LH
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
My advice to you: CHANGE your loyalty to BA and I am sure you will be much rewarded with a better status recognition than LH
that is actually a very interesting advice... I will check it out although I believe the comfort in Y+ with BA is less in terms of seat etc than LH... I will try it definately though...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BAEC doesn't give you anything. This year I will have enough TP to get BA Gold and other than a gold card, access to their F lounge and the ability to pick a seat for free it gives you squat. Not even evoucher like upgrades!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.