Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by kiwidragon
When did you apply for your card?
I applied at the beginning of October and as yet have not heard from them.
I emailed the new application team and received this reply:

We are currently experiencing a backlog of applications since the new program has begun.The current timescales are 7-14 days

Though my application is now over the 7-14 days timescale
Hoping they would process mine quicker.
Update:

I received an email today confirming my application and that my cards are on their way. Can not wait.

If you’re waiting for your application approval, I would recommend sending them an email to help speed things up.

Last edited by kiwidragon; Nov 1, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone received their Diners Club card yet? I've been merrily spending away using the MasterCard, but getting a bit annoyed at not being able to register for the online account without the DC plastic...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I've applied on 3 October. Received the MC card earlier this week but DC is still on it's way.
So I must say I am very unimpressed by DC so far. Applied on 3 October, MC arrived 26 October, DC still hasn't arrived and it's 10 November. It gets better than that though. I was unable to activate the MC because apparently I have to have both cards in hand. Yesterday I've received a statement notification - yup, for the card that hasn't even arrived. I was just about to call DC and tell them they are having a laugh when something occurred to me - I still haven't seen the direct debit being set up from my current account. But I remember receiving a relevant email. Looked it up just a moment ago - and guess what - my name, not my account number and not my sort code. I wonder who is the owner of the lucky account
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Has anyone received their Diners Club card yet? I've been merrily spending away using the MasterCard, but getting a bit annoyed at not being able to register for the online account without the DC plastic...
You can get it from customer services. I was told Diners card number, so I can register. However never received confirmation email which is required to activate online account. Did one purchase on the Mastercard just to check if it's working. My direct debit is for correct bank account. I will set up small recurrent payment on the card to fulfil requirement of one transaction per month and forget about it for now.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Nov 13, 2018 at 7:27 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks. I managed to get the number out of them when I called last week. I did get the confirmation email (fortunately) and am now registered for the online services. It does seem to take a long time for transactions to show up on there (up to five days, I've found).

The advisor told me that DC had more demand for these accounts in one day than they were expecting to receive in one month - so there is a major backlog on getting Diners Club cards produced.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I contacted customer support and they reset my registration. Second attempt was successful. I even have my first statement. I thought there's no limit on charge card, but I can see one on statement.

Statement says: "Payment due by 28.11.2018" and below: "Your payment will be taken from your bank account by Direct Debit on the dates provided within your statement." I hope it will work, because usually statement say: "Your payment will be taken by direct debit on xxx date".
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Has anyone received a Lufthansa Business Lounge Voucher which is supposed to be a sign up gift? It won't be much use to me but at least I hope I can give it to someone. I have received the 10K miles sign up bonus and am wondering when I'll get my Lounge Voucher.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Disappointing that the MC part of the duo won't work in Curve (it's a prepaid card so Curve chucks it out). If they had given a genuine two-card offering, rather than the weird in-place top-up via the Diners card, it would be much more useful for spending on (in CEE nobody seems to take the Diners card and I can't even top-up Revolut with the MC).

Can't be too soon before the Amex functionality in Curve finally comes out of beta.
Mackle likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
BTW, I tried paying off one of my other credit cards using the Mastercard (it used to work with the previous MBNA Miles and More card).

It got treated as an ATM transaction (cash) and there was a Ł3 service charge.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by Dave_C
if the on-going earning rate for the Mastercard portion is indeed 1.25 miles per Ł, then that's actually a very good deal IMHO
It's a good deal compared to the German market Miles and More credit card which pays 1 mile per €2 spent, but not good compared with the Brussels Airlines Belgian Amex card which pays 1.5 miles per €1 spent (so 1.5 miles per 88p!)

In the UK market, I think something like the BA Premium Amex with it's 1.5 Avios per Ł1 spent and 26,000 bonus Avios when joining via referral, on paper is of greater value. So for example, 7000-9000 Avios will get me a return flight from FRA to LHR, so that's 2-3 reward flights I could book after that initial Amex three-month spend. But when I use the Miles and More site, the same flight will cost 35,000 MM miles, with the lower sign-up and collection rate meaning it will take me longer to get my reward flight.

On saying this, as someone with around 20,000 MM miles, I applied for one of these a week ago as a backup card for use when Amex is not accepted. As has been mentioned by other people, apart from an email confirming that a copy of my application has been sent to Mrs. somethingorother, I haven't received any other correspondence. I did have a check entry for "OnFido" appear under Equifax three days after my application, but OnFido have not yet responded to my request as to what it's for.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Mackle
In the UK market, I think something like the BA Premium Amex with it's 1.5 Avios per Ł1 spent and 26,000 bonus Avios when joining via referral, on paper is of greater value. So for example, 7000-9000 Avios will get me a return flight from FRA to LHR, so that's 2-3 reward flights I could book after that initial Amex three-month spend. But when I use the Miles and More site, the same flight will cost 35,000 MM miles, with the lower sign-up and collection rate meaning it will take me longer to get my reward flight.
Nobody in their right mind would redeem M&M miles for European flights unless during a high season when it might make sense.

On saying this, as someone with around 20,000 MM miles, I applied for one of these a week ago as a backup card for use when Amex is not accepted. As has been mentioned by other people, apart from an email confirming that a copy of my application has been sent to Mrs. somethingorother, I haven't received any other correspondence. I did have a check entry for "OnFido" appear under Equifax three days after my application, but OnFido have not yet responded to my request as to what it's for.
As a data point I applied for my cards on 21 November and received my MasterCard on 10 December. My Diners Card arrived a little later while I was away.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As a data point I applied for my cards on 21 November and received my MasterCard on 10 December. My Diners Card arrived a little later while I was away.
What correspondence did you receive from them? I've received two mails, one asking me to confirm my application, another then confirming that I had confirmed my application, then nothing for a week and a half.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
This might be a stupid question but... is it possible to change the PIN on the Diners Club card? I received both cards and PINs last week, I've now activated them, and changed the PIN on the Mastercard, but got an error on the HSBC ATM when I tried to change the Diners PIN. Do I need to find a special ATM, or is it not possible?

EDIT: having tried another ATM, I can answer my own question: you can change the PIN on the Diners card too. I think the difference was that the second ATM had the "Link" logo, whereas the ATM in the HSBC branch I tried first did not.

Last edited by Deltus; Jan 23, 2019 at 6:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
This might be a stupid question but... is it possible to change the PIN on the Diners Club card? I received both cards and PINs last week, I've now activated them, and changed the PIN on the Mastercard, but got an error on the HSBC ATM when I tried to change the Diners PIN. Do I need to find a special ATM, or is it not possible?

EDIT: having tried another ATM, I can answer my own question: you can change the PIN on the Diners card too. I think the difference was that the second ATM had the "Link" logo, whereas the ATM in the HSBC branch I tried first did not.
According to the letter which came with the Diners card you can change your PIN at any ATM machine displaying the Diners Club logo once your card is activated. I haven’t tried to change mine yet.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:16 pm

Received three duplicate emails yesterday telling me that my card would be with me soon.

So that’s almost 3 weeks to process, so things are still moving slowly on these cards. Just wish I’d signed up before Dec 31st, although the website was still advertising the MM bonus.

Last edited by Mackle; Mar 6, 2019 at 10:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.