Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
Like what, M & M laughing all the way to higher profit
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN
There was meant to be a new m&m credit card in the UK by this summer. Unfortunately not looking likely.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 3:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you had a M&M CC in the UK before, you can ask for an extension of the expiry deadline as M&M has not found a CC partner for your market. I remember a similar arrangement in France a few years ago.
pmcg likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you had a M&M CC in the UK before, you can ask for an extension of the expiry deadline as M&M has not found a CC partner for your market. I remember a similar arrangement in France a few years ago.
Asked, no luck, in fact after 3 attempts MM did not answer the question I asked, "is there any way to extend my miles"!

Anyone any suggestion on what to do with 200k miles?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Contact the LH lurkers and plead your case.
pmcg likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by pmcg
Asked, no luck, in fact after 3 attempts MM did not answer the question I asked, "is there any way to extend my miles"!

Anyone any suggestion on what to do with 200k miles?
Buy something from their Worldshop - pay silly prices.LH wins.

https://www.worldshop.eu/en/page/spe...etcc_onsite=cu
pmcg and hugolover like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Contact the LH lurkers and plead your case.
Good call, will message them. LufthansaGermanAirlines
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:13 am

I can extend the validity of my miles with Loylogic.

183,839 Miles for only £1,569.54 !

No thanks I say.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

No thanks I say.
You are not being economically rational.

If you were offered the chance to buy LH miles at 0.85p each then you would be all over it, as would most other people on this forum. So why aren't you salivating over this offer?

Because .... you think you're being asked to pay twice for the same thing. Your emotion is clouding your logical faculties.
pmcg, chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:36 am

No thanks I say.
What did you ask for? How did you plead your case? Did you mentionthat your miles are about to expire because of unilateral actions taken by M&M in your market?
pmcg, chris63 and Teatimer like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:41 am

Really poor show by M &M. You'd expect them to show generous latitude during this once in a lifetime Covid phase. Where do I go with the 500,000 miles by end of December when so many travel destinations are not welcoming visitors.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

If you were offered the chance to buy LH miles at 0.85p each then you would be all over it, as would most other people on this forum. So why aren't you salivating over this offer?

Because .... you think you're being asked to pay twice for the same thing. Your emotion is clouding your logical faculties.
You are of course perfectly correct.

I just need some time to absorb the informaiton then decide if I do this or just blow them.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:30 am

What did you ask for? How did you plead your case? Did you mentionthat your miles are about to expire because of unilateral actions taken by M&M in your market?
I just mentioned to LufthansaGermanAirlines I used to keep the miles valid with the UK Credit card but this was no longer available asking if there were any options to keep my miles valid.
Answer was a link to pay to keep them active.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

Interesting view. I might be tempted to sell mine at that level - let's see.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
I just mentioned to LufthansaGermanAirlines I used to keep the miles valid with the UK Credit card but this was no longer available asking if there were any options to keep my miles valid.
Answer was a link to pay to keep them active.
Why just ‘mention’ .... Lufthansa induced you to have a CC to keep your miles alive, they unilaterally removed partner cards from the U.K.
all terms & conditions within the U.K. have to be fair & reasonable otherwise they are not legal

What LH / M&M are doing, if they reclaim your miles under the circumstances is patently unfair, unreasonable & illegal in U.K. Law & that’s what you need to spell out to them !
pmcg and Teatimer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.