M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mackle
I tried when I first got it and it didn't work. I tried last week to pre-load Revolut and that DID work - it's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

I raised a request for this card with Curve, who said that they would risk assess it, and have recently received a mail to say that it's with their operations team so will hopefully be added within the next couple of months (which softens the blow of not being able to use my BA Amex with curve).
If they do it... Ill get this card i think!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
It looks like I have been charged 3 per top up with Revolut. I'll have to work out if that's better or worse than the FX charges straight from the MC itself.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It looks like I have been charged 3 per top up with Revolut. I'll have to work out if that's better or worse than the FX charges straight from the MC itself.
It should be 3% and as a cash advance it won't accrue points - so there's no point in using top-ups from this card. With the MC you'd have 3% FX but you would at least get the points for it (personally I'd still look to avoid this).

Really I guess we just have to wait for Curve to include the M&M card as an option!
Mackle likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I tried a Revolut top-up with this card and it got treated as a cash advance, so I got dinged 3%. Did you somehow avoid the charge?
Protest this to Revolut, they usually refund such charge on personal credit cards if you show them some evidence that it is in fact a personal credit card.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I received my card on 10 December and a lounge voucher on 22 January. It will come into your M&M inbox.
Thanks - just to follow up on this, I have today (1st April) received my lounge invitation voucher into my M&M inbox, about 2.5 months after I got the cards.

And it's not as useful as I had hoped - although you can be travelling on any Lufthansa group airline (including Eurowings and Germanwings), it is only for a Lufthansa (not group) lounge, so I apparently won't be able to use it for the OS lounge in VIE. In Europe (outside Germany), the only options are ATH, LHR, CDG and MXP. Not sure if I'll be able to find a use for it to be honest...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Some practical information from last few months of card usage:
1. It's a charge card and in theory there's no limit but it's printed on card statement. Mine was rather low and I asked to increase it. I was asked how much I want and then to send 3 months of bank statements by email, after redacting all sensitive information. I called around 16.00 and was told told it will be checked straight away and if approved, applied the same night. Got confirmation around 18.00, that limit was increased. Pretty quick process.
2. It seems that pre-paid Mastercard doesn't work in veterinary clinics (known issue they are aware of). I was told to use Diners and that I will be awarded with miles for transactions that were rejected. I haven't had my statement yet, to confirm, that miles were awarded. I used Diners on next visit and was surprised it works at vet. They use Worldpay terminal, not sure from what bank. It's actually the only place in UK, where I managed to pay with Diners so far.
3. Lounge access was charged to the card two months after the actual entry. I read on another forum that such delay is typical.
4. Lufthansa lounge voucher is pretty useless. I couldn't use it for SAS flight. I was going to use it in Munich but in the end flew on another airline and abandoned my Lufthansa flight. Not sure if I manage to use it by October. I rarely fly on Lufthansa group airlines listed on voucher. I'm surprised LOT is not included.
5. I still wasn't able to change PIN on Diners. Not a lot of ATMs that allow that.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Apr 7, 2019 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Note prepaid MC are usually refused by swipe terminals in the US. So beware.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Some practical information from last few months of card usage:
1. It's a charge card and in theory there's no limit but it's printed on card statement. Mine was rather low and I asked to increase it. I was asked how much I want and then to send 3 months of bank statements by email, after redacting all sensitive information. I called around 16.00 and was told told it will be checked straight away and if approved, applied the same night. Got confirmation around 18.00, that limit was increased. Pretty quick process.
My limit is less than half of the previous (MBNA) M&M credit card. I have not tried to increase the limit but its useful to know that it can be done relatively easily.

2. It seems that pre-paid Mastercard doesn't work in veterinary clinics (known issue they are aware of). I was told to use Diners and that I will be awarded with miles for transactions that were rejected. I haven't had my statement yet, to confirm, that miles were awarded. I used Diners on next visit and was surprised it works at vet. They use Worldpay terminal, not sure from what bank. It's actually the only place in UK, where I managed to pay with Diners so far.
I also had to deal with rather large veterinary bills recently and the MasterCard was rejected. I didnt even think of trying Diners. I wish I had tried. Ive also had several other rejections both online and at POS which I find annoying. Im not sure if Ill keep the card(s) as I dont need them to prevent my miles from expiring.

5. I still wasn't able to change PIN on Diners. Not a lot of ATMs that allow that.
When I called to activate my card the phone agent offered to check nearby ATMs based on my postcode where the PIN could be changed. A petrol station and two discount stores.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
My limit is less than half of the previous (MBNA) M&M credit card. I have not tried to increase the limit but it’s useful to know that it can be done relatively easily.
My limit was nowhere near my MBNA limit. More like 1/6 of it, so pretty useless for any serious payments.

I also had to deal with rather large veterinary bills recently and the MasterCard was rejected. I didn’t even think of trying Diners. I wish I had tried. I’ve also had several other rejections both online and at POS which I find annoying. I’m not sure if I’ll keep the card(s) as I don’t need them to prevent my miles from expiring.
Yeah, I wouldn't think of using Diners either. I would not expect it to work but now I pay with it every time at vet. Also got the promised miles for declined transactions but had to send email after they were missing from statement.

When I called to activate my card the phone agent offered to check nearby ATMs based on my postcode where the PIN could be changed. A petrol station and two discount stores.
I found cash machine nearby on the list online, I just never got to go there and now shop is closing down.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Despite being told by Curve on several occasions over the last two months that the MC BIN would be added "by the end of the week", it's still not recognised by the Curve app when I try to add it and they have stopped responding to my mails asking about it now.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:30 pm

The MM MC now works with Curve ^
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The MM MC now works with Curve ^
Thank you! I had given up trying and was just about to switch to using the IHG Rewards card.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
10,000 award miles Welcome Bonus promo is back (until 31 July 2019)

Exclusive Summer Promotion

Apply until 31-07-2019 and double up your Welcome Bonus. Profit from 10,000 award miles this summer!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
From how hard they are pushing this, one imagines its not going well..... main thing that put me off is none of the protection you get with a credit card.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I finally applied for this on 18 November 2019 and got emails on 28 January 2020 that my direct debit had been set up and my cards were on the way lol..

No sign of cards yet, so well see how that goes! Appears like its all still a mess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.