Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Teatimer
That's wise. I was told by the call centre in SA that they would reinstate miles to June expiry as goodwill after the official March 2022 expiry date they cannot alter. Do not trust goodwill offers!!
That was my plan but given latest email communication I'm going to take my chances.
I have it on email now 2 or maybe even 3 times that miles remain valid so if they go I'll ask for them to be credited back.
Teatimer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
Originally Posted by pmcg
That was my plan but given latest email communication I'm going to take my chances.
I have it on email now 2 or maybe even 3 times that miles remain valid so if they go I'll ask for them to be credited back.
Just checked my account and it seems they have extended miles till 30/6/2022. Hooray
pmcg likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Just checked my account and it seems they have extended miles till 30/6/2022. Hooray
I had an email on March 23 saying my miles would expire on 31/march/22. I was just logging on to try to book some random TATL flight in the future to use them up, to be changed once I know whenI want to go, but it seems that there is a 1 mile credit yesterday on my account labelled "M&M Credit Card MMG Expiry Protection". There is no expiry date on my miles, and if I try to buy the extension for miles it says I have no miles expiring this quarter, but I've not received an email saying I have an extension until the end of June as others have. Do I trust them?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I had an email on March 23 saying my miles would expire on 31/march/22. I was just logging on to try to book some random TATL flight in the future to use them up, to be changed once I know whenI want to go, but it seems that there is a 1 mile credit yesterday on my account labelled "M&M Credit Card MMG Expiry Protection". There is no expiry date on my miles, and if I try to buy the extension for miles it says I have no miles expiring this quarter, but I've not received an email saying I have an extension until the end of June as others have. Do I trust them?
As in the past, the 1 mile credit is their device to extend miles. I think you are safe at least till June 30th.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
As in the past, the 1 mile credit is their device to extend miles. I think you are safe at least till June 30th.
thanks. I logged on again just now, and it's showing expiry of 30/9/22 for the oldest ones . Gives me a bit more time to figure out what to do with them...

Perhaps they'll keep doing this forever???! (In my dreams...)
Teatimer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:12 am

thanks. I logged on again just now, and it's showing expiry of 30/9/22 for the oldest ones . Gives me a bit more time to figure out what to do with them...

Perhaps they'll keep doing this forever???! (In my dreams...)

Same here, good stuff. Hope it is not an April fool joke.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Good to see they extended miles until end of September. Hopefully, Pacific countries will open by then and I will be able to use my miles on Island Hopper or Samoa and Fiji. Or at least book for future dates.

New credit card would be useful too, to keep miles from expiring.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Latest emails shows miles expiring 30th September.

Still no card on offer in UK.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:14 am

Latest emails shows miles expiring 30th September.

Still no card on offer in UK.
I know . I was thinking about this the other day. Still hard to use these for what I want to. I'm hoping they will do another 1mile extension, but I'm not too hopeful... Buying to extend is really pretty expensive ....
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:30 am

Me too! It’s clear the credit card is very unlikely to return now. So, I bit the bullet last week and cashed out my Miles and More points into John Lewis gift cards (there was a bonus running) and am going to close my account.

Probably going to move my Star Alliance earning to United. They seem the best option for me; I do a bit of transatlantic travel so can put some flights their way, their miles don’t expire, and you can transfer Marriott Bonvoy points (and therefore Amex Rewards points) to their scheme.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:48 am

1 mile posted 19/08/2022 marked as Expiry Protection.
Teatimer, vantage03 and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:56 am

1 mile posted 19/08/2022 marked as Expiry Protection.
That's great news. Expiry date not stated.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:59 am

me too
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:14 am

My account now shows expiry date of 31 March 2023 for all my miles.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
My account now shows expiry date of 31 March 2023 for all my miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.