FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   M&M Business redemption on TK says "I ECONOMY" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1931995-m-m-business-redemption-tk-says-i-economy.html)

zsalya_fly Sep 23, 2018 1:26 am

M&M Business redemption on TK says "I ECONOMY"

I have booked a one-way Business Class redemption from M&M, two flights on Turkish Airlines.
The M&M Booking Overview says "Business Flex" so I didn't click the wrong button!
The Lufthansa Passenger / Itinerary Receipt that I can download from the M&M website says I Class, without stating whether that is Business or Economy.
The ticket number starts 220 for Lufthansa.
The email receipt, from LOT (presumably because my address is in Poland) says: "Reservation Confirmed - I Economy"
So is it Business or Economy?

I tried choosing a seat, but on the M&M website both at initial booking, and Manage Booking, "Seat Selection is not possible" for these segments.

I tried "Manage my booking" on the TK website.
It does not recognise the ticket number, nor the LH booking reference.
For the TK booking reference (from the email receipt) it says "Due to a technical error the e-ticket cannot be shown."

I booked the return journey also with M&M, flying on ET and OS, and there the receipt says "I Business" so it's not an M&M to LOT issue.

Should I be worried that the M&M system has passed class to TK as I which perhaps at TK means Economy Redemption and that is what TK think they owe me?
Or can I tell somehow that it has somewhere passed over the fact that it is Business?

malmostoso Sep 23, 2018 5:53 am

It's probably TK just being TK. If your ticket states I class it's business, don't worry.

LHSEN Sep 23, 2018 10:15 am

I think it’s LH issue ... I booked on Air China today also saying I class Economy ... but for sure charged me biz miles.

more4less Sep 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi,

I have also a M&M award booked with THY I fare code and the agent reserved the seats in the business section so you should be OK.

oliver2002 Sep 24, 2018 5:20 am

TKs website is terribly buggy, just call them to check on the booking, which will be in business.

SK AAR Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am

If you are in I class you will get seated in business class with TK - don't worry about it.

TPJ Sep 25, 2018 5:58 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 30238742)
TKs website is terribly buggy, just call them to check on the booking, which will be in business.

Yes it is, but in this case it is actually LO (or M&M) that is sending misleading info ;)

A per OP:

The email receipt, from LOT (presumably because my address is in Poland) says: "Reservation Confirmed - I Economy"
Nothing to do with TK...

shuly Sep 25, 2018 6:20 am

I would call TK and ask them to assign seats. This should sort it out.

Shuly