PPB - Upgrades - office hours

Old Sep 21, 18, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
PPB - Upgrades - office hours

For my trip to the US I was asked to book Economy and upgrade via PPB. Now it is Friday afternoon, the Upgrade hasn't cleared and my admin tells me that the Upgrade can only be finalized during PPB Business Hours (until 6pm CET). The flight shows 4J seats available.
Does anyone have experience with PPB upgrades and when they usually clear? Is it indeed the case that the WL expires once the PPB office closes?
Old Aug 9, 19, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Does anybody have an answer to this? I am in a similar situation where I expect the upgrade waitlist to clear over this weekend, but of course PPB is closed so wouldn't reissue the ticket until Monday, the day of departure.
Old Aug 9, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
I requested a waitlist upgrade today, this is at the bottom of the PPB (UK) email:

ďIn case the waitlist is not cleared 24 hours prior to the departure date, we will cancel it from the reservation and notify you via e-mail. If the planned flight date is on Saturday/Sunday, waiting list will be cancelled on Friday.Ē
Old Aug 10, 19, 1:28 am

I know, the email I have from the German PPB says the same.

My departure is Monday night. So the question is: What happens if the upgrade waitlist clears on Saturday or Sunday, but nobody at PPB is around to reissue the ticket?
Old Aug 10, 19, 2:12 am
Original Poster

You will fly Economy... or try again on Monday morning....
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by verve View Post
You will fly Economy... or try again on Monday morning....
That's what I was afraid of hearing.

What's worse, because I am currently waitlisted, LH won't even let me select (read: buy) a seat assignment in Y. So I may end up in a middle seat next to the lavatory. Fun times!
Old Aug 10, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

The Hotline can assign seats even if upgrades are not cleared.
in my experience PPB upgrades on LH only clear 2 weeks prior to the flight and then only if P has availability.

related question: I though that when upgrading a ZRH-FRA-XXX Ticket also the ZRH-FRA segment should upgrade...at least thatís how I read the FAQ...but never was successful with upgrading the EU segment. Any experiences?
Old Aug 10, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.

related question: I though that when upgrading a ZRH-FRA-XXX Ticket also the ZRH-FRA segment should upgrade...at least thatís how I read the FAQ...but never was successful with upgrading the EU segment. Any experiences?
A few years ago, in one of the enhancements of M&M where the amount of miles for upgrades increased substantially, IIRC, if you were upgrading a transcontinental segment, for the same amount of miles they also upgraded the segment within Germany, but this did not apply for segments from other european countries.

I donít know how it works with PPB ex Germany, but I have upgraded a few times transcontinental flights using PPB points, and the feeder fights, ex Bcn, have not been upgraded automatically.
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:16 am

The Hotline can assign seats even if upgrades are not cleared.
in my experience PPB upgrades on LH only clear 2 weeks prior to the flight and then only if P has availability.
When I called the hotline, they said they were unable to assign seats in either class due to the pending upgrade.

The flight in question had, and still has, I class available but apparently that is not good enough for PPB upgrades. Didn't check for P, especially since P availability depends on the full O&D but PPB looks at each flight segment individually for upgrades. So no, my ZRH-FRA feeder would not be upgraded anyways.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: