Wiki Posts
Search

How many eVouchers am I getting?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
How many eVouchers am I getting?

I'm a bit confused about eVoucher accrual, so I could use the assistance of FT. I am on track to earn 325k status miles this year and will likely earn the same next year. I've obviously already re-qualified for SEN. I am anticipating the below eVouchers at the end of it all, but is my math correct?

1) 2 eVouchers (SEN Re-qual)
2) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selections)
3) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selections at reaching 325k select miles)
4) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selection in year 2)
5) 6 eVouchers (upon reaching HON)
6) 2 eVoucher (M7M Selection at reaching 325k select miles in year 2)

So by my count, I should have 16 eVouchers by the end of Y2. Is that correct?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Almost true when you reach HON you will not have access to select Senator Selections. So 14 e-vouchers. Not bad!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Not bad indeed. Are there not any selections btw 325k miles and 600k?!

Also, the M&M site isn't clear on this, but do I net 6 on reaching HON or 4 (because they are including the 2 that you get when you reach SEN)?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
You get an additional 6 upon reaching HON.
Then, your select/HON miles add up over this year and the previous year. So, you can next choose 2 eVouchers at 700,000 HON Circle miles.

If you're that keen for upgrades and you're flying enough to be HON, open a PPB account and you'll accrue a lot of points which you can upgrade there too.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

PPB account?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
PPB account?
Partner Plus Benefit
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
You get 6 for reaching HON & you can nominate a SEN partner & they get 2.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
You get 6 for reaching HON & you can nominate a SEN partner & they get 2.
oh wow i didnt even think about that. so i do get 16 by the end. huzzah!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
I'm a bit confused about eVoucher accrual, so I could use the assistance of FT. I am on track to earn 325k status miles this year and will likely earn the same next year. I've obviously already re-qualified for SEN. I am anticipating the below eVouchers at the end of it all, but is my math correct?

1) 2 eVouchers (SEN Re-qual)
2) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selections)
3) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selections at reaching 325k select miles)
4) 2 eVoucher (M&M Selection in year 2)
5) 6 eVouchers (upon reaching HON)
6) 2 eVoucher (M7M Selection at reaching 325k select miles in year 2)

So by my count, I should have 16 eVouchers by the end of Y2. Is that correct?
no you don't get 16, as when you would reach the 325k in year 2, you will be HON already. You can't have the butter and the money for the butter.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by athome
no you don't get 16, as when you would reach the 325k in year 2, you will be HON already. You can't have the butter and the money for the butter.
not necessarily as you can have 325k status but 0 hon miles. I actually know somebody with around 500k Status miles every year who is still far from HON as most travel is on SQ/NH.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:50 am

Not bad indeed. Are there not any selections btw 325k miles and 600k?!

Also, the M&M site isn't clear on this, but do I net 6 on reaching HON or 4 (because they are including the 2 that you get when you reach SEN)?
No additional selections for SEN after 325k in the same year without becoming a HON.

About the 6 vouchers for HON after getting 2 for SEN already:
There is a difference between qualification and requalification, which could be important. If you qualify for a higher status, you get that higher status and vouchers immediatly. But if you requalify for the same status, your status is renewed in the year, where your previous status period Ends. You don't get the 2 voucher for SEN requalification, you get them for SEN renewal and at the time of the renewal. That can be a difference.
And if you did not get your 2 vouchers für SEN renewal before you qualify for HON, you won't get them as HON, as far as I remember,

I think, you know the differences between reward miles, status miles, selection miles and HON miles. That differences can be important for your calculation. Of course you don't have to think about that as long as you earn HON miles only.

Last edited by thbe; Sep 21, 2018 at 6:06 am
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by thbe
You don't get the 2 voucher for SEN requalification, you get them for SEN renewal and at the time of the renewal. That can be a difference.
And if you did not get your 2 vouchers für SEN renewal before you qualify for HON, you won't get them as HON, as far as I remember,
That is exactly right. The OP will not receive 8 vouchers (2 for SEN and 6 for HON) in the year she/he qualifies for HON but "only" six for becoming HON.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand.

I re-qualified for SEN this year. That means that when my re-qualification kicks in, I'll get 2 eVouchers, no?

If I then qualify for HON next year, I assume I'll get 6 more then.

I'm not assuming I'll get another 2 next year when I requalify for SEN on the way to HON.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Hmm... I'm not sure I understand.

I re-qualified for SEN this year. That means that when my re-qualification kicks in, I'll get 2 eVouchers, no?

If I then qualify for HON next year, I assume I'll get 6 more then.

I'm not assuming I'll get another 2 next year when I requalify for SEN on the way to HON.
The evouchers don’t post immediately upon (re)qualifying, but early December. If by then you have requalified for SEN, but not made it to HON, you will receive those 2 . If you would already have made it to HON by then, you would not get these 2 as you would get the vouchers for HON earlier.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichielR

The evouchers don’t post immediately upon (re)qualifying, but early December. If by then you have requalified for SEN, but not made it to HON, you will receive those 2 . If you would already have made it to HON by then, you would not get these 2 as you would get the vouchers for HON earlier.
OK that's exactly as I understood it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.