Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont bother with MUC aka Munich Flughafen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Dont bother with MUC aka Munich Flughafen

very stressed after had phone stolen yesterday even at Munich airport - my phone is now in Romania I have managed to swipe it remotely but the torture at MUC of trying to report a lost/stolen smartphone let alone request assistance from the useless Lufthansa Service Desk - its pure torture 3 hours of schmelzing and be treated t opure torture and running around in a poorly airconditioned Lufthans aTerminal 2
only helpful people were a Spanish lounge assistant at MUC SEN Lounge G Gates and a lovely true Bavarian policeman landside DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM LH OR MUNICH AIRPORT if you have something stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try Zuerich Flughafen effortless and when you lose a vaper/ecig the Zurcher KantonalsPolizei at the security gates will help you find it with a smile and a hello !!! Even though Swiss is Lufthans aGroup owned, Gott sei Dank they kept their own Swiss management!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
What's the message you want to give? You didn't pay attention and your phone was stolen. This happens everywhere on the world. Even at airports.
I got a finger broken by a pickpocket in a confined area this spring in Athens. I had to go through surgery. Police and security personal never showed up. Do you believe that's the fault of Athens? No, it isn't. It can happen everywhere. But I got my lesson learned, i can tell you.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:51 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
You used torture three times in that post.
Hyperbole much ?
Or will this event triggers the same PTSD and physical stress that being inserted living rats in your anus ?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:46 am

What help did you expect and what help were you given?

If I was in your position I would have expected to be pointed in the direction of the police (if i had explained I was the victim of a crime) or the lost & found office (if I had explained I had lost something).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
What would you expect them to do?

Useless rant.
mmff likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
In case something gets stolen you have to contact the police and not Lufthansa or the airport management. The only thing they can do is to tell you that you need to talk to the police. The federal police has an office outside security in the Munich Airport Center (MAC - the buildings around the plaza between Terminal 1 and 2) on level 5 above the Airbräu or you just talk to any police officer within the building. Often you find them at the security.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: LX SEN
Both LH and police are of remote help in connection with cell phone theft, except if a document is needed to collect insurance benefits. At least, cell phones can now be remotely locked and swipped.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
very stressed after had phone stolen yesterday even at Munich airport - my phone is now in Romania I have managed to swipe it remotely but the torture at MUC of trying to report a lost/stolen smartphone let alone request assistance from the useless Lufthansa Service Desk - its pure torture 3 hours of schmelzing and be treated t opure torture and running around in a poorly airconditioned Lufthans aTerminal 2
only helpful people were a Spanish lounge assistant at MUC SEN Lounge G Gates and a lovely true Bavarian policeman landside DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM LH OR MUNICH AIRPORT if you have something stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try Zuerich Flughafen effortless and when you lose a vaper/ecig the Zurcher KantonalsPolizei at the security gates will help you find it with a smile and a hello !!! Even though Swiss is Lufthans aGroup owned, Gott sei Dank they kept their own Swiss management!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you think Terminal 2 is poor, you should check out Terminal 1. The whole passport control thing seems to be an after thought in whoever designed and signed off the layout. And I mean both departure and arrivals passport control, with arrivals being worse. And then only 1 cafe airside.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nic33
Both LH and police are of remote help in connection with cell phone theft, except if a document is needed to collect insurance benefits. At least, cell phones can now be remotely locked and swipped.
Yes, it’s not the crime of the Century
just inform the Police get a report for your insurance & good to go
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by athome
What's the message you want to give? You didn't pay attention and your phone was stolen. This happens everywhere on the world. Even at airports.
I got a finger broken by a pickpocket in a confined area this spring in Athens. I had to go through surgery. Police and security personal never showed up. Do you believe that's the fault of Athens? No, it isn't. It can happen everywhere. But I got my lesson learned, i can tell you.
If it was my phone, I'd need a police report for the insurance to pay out, so unhelpful airport staff would be a problem and be very upsetting.
cbourl likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Gig103
If it was my phone, I'd need a police report for the insurance to pay out, so unhelpful airport staff would be a problem and be very upsetting.
Absolutely , one needs a Police report, that’s all
Not difficult to find a Policeman in MUC
Nothing to do with LH or the Airport & no one can accuse me of being a LH apologist 😊
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
My phone was stolen (including an amazing cover) in Japan at the main train station in Tokyo. I don't blame the Japanese nor the firm that operates the train station, because it's not really their fault, but mainly mine because I didn't pay attention and didn't even notice that I had lost it. (I'm still very mad at myself). Instead of outsourcing all the blame take a step back, look at the whole situation and try to learn from it. You can't change it so accept and grow from it.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Really utter nonsense this rant! MUC T2 is one of the best transit airports in Europe and it is definitely one of my favourite. LH has nothing to do with phone theft and neither do airport authorities. It is a police measure. And police does simply not have the time to hunt down phone thieves - my son's mobile was stolen in London at knife point. We identified the location, we identified the thief - police won't do anything about it.

And yes, Swiss is part of LH, but Swiss police is not related to German police - again, no idea what this reference is about. What has any of these to do with any of these airlines!

Maybe moderator should close this thread
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless OP is accusing LH of stealing his phone, I am not sure what the issue is.

LH and the police have an agreement at MUC. The police do not sell air tickets and LH does not investigate crimes.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer
MUC T2 is one of the best transit airports in Europe and it is definitely one of my favourite.
True, especially the satellite and its lounges!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.