awards miles and hotel booking

Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
awards miles and hotel booking

quick question: can I earn miles for hotels only by using the m&m website and booking system?
or can I just show my member card at the hotel during checkin, even if the booking has already been made independently?
(the hotel is already in the list of participating M&M hotels)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by raffa
quick question: can I earn miles for hotels only by using the m&m website and booking system?
or can I just show my member card at the hotel during checkin, even if the booking has already been made independently?
(the hotel is already in the list of participating M&M hotels)
If you book the hotel through a different OTA then you won't get the miles.

You can get still get miles by other means though, such as the excellent Hilton promotion (2500 miles per stay) that lasts till October, but even then you need to register in advance, book through the official site and make sure that LH is set as your preferred travel partner in your profile settings.
So what you definitely can't do is just turn up having booked on hotels.com, etc, and expect to get any miles. Most hotels are listed across multiple sites so the fact that they're also listed on the M&M site makes no difference.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
thank you.
so it only takes into account the booking method, and it doesn't make a difference if you show your card at the checkin, correct?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by raffa
thank you.
so it only takes into account the booking method, and it doesn't make a difference if you show your card at the checkin, correct?
Correct. Showing an M&M card will make no difference and hotels would never ask to see it in any case.
raffa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hotel chains which give you M&M or other airlines miles for a stay expect you to register your preference (whether you want to collect points or miles and if the latter which airline) in your account. This normally has to be done before you check in.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: LH, BA
I'm looking at booking at a Hilton and cannot seem to find anyting on miles and more website. I.e how many miles per stay or USD. Is Hilton not a partner of M&M anymore? How can one earn miles through stays?
thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:46 am

Here Hilton is still listed: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...on-honors.html

So, I assume they are still a partner, but yes... kind of very little information on that website. But so far, I found every hotel-airline FFP partnership quite disappointing in value when crediting from one to the other (e.g. getting miles for the airline FFP instead of points to the hotel FFP.) Transferring between the programs is usually even more insulating, like Radisson giving 1000 miles to SK EB for 10.000 Radisson points. :/
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
But the page tells you Hilton allows “Miles & More members with the Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card to earn award miles” just like you can earn award miles by using the LH M&M credit card to shop grocery or pay for petrol/gas. It sounds like you can no longer receive M&M miles for a stay.

We used to be able to earn 500 miles per stay with occasional bonus if I remember correctly but for several years now you could only earn 1 M&M mile per dollar spent. There have been promos from time to time. The last one was the Miles & More 25th Anniversary promo last year which earned 2,500 miles per stay.

How does the Miles & More offer work?
LUFTHANSA MILES & MORE 25 ANNIVERSARY 2500 Miles and Mord miles

I still have Miles & More as an airline partner in my HHonors account but I don’t know if there will be another promo like the last one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.