Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa website warning on 'My bookings' page

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa website warning on 'My bookings' page

Hi all,

My wife and I are flying DEN-FRA-MRS this fall for a cruise. After entering 'last name' and 'booking code' the 'My bookings' page shows an explanation point inside an orange triangle stating "You need to enter Passport or Visa information for your trip to Marseille."

We don't need a Visa and the APIS forms were already populated with the exception of 'the address of your final destination' fields. The airfare was included with the cruise. We paid an additional charge to the cruise line so our TA could book us our own routing.

I called Lufthansa several times and got different answers. On two occasions they said the final destination address needed to be entered and on my last call to the US call center they said it was a bug on the website. My TA called and was told to put our home address in the final destination fields?? The warning is still displayed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by high_country
Hi all,

My wife and I are flying DEN-FRA-MRS this fall for a cruise. After entering 'last name' and 'booking code' the 'My bookings' page shows an explanation point inside an orange triangle stating "You need to enter Passport or Visa information for your trip to Marseille."

We don't need a Visa and the APIS forms were already populated with the exception of 'the address of your final destination' fields. The airfare was included with the cruise. We paid an additional charge to the cruise line so our TA could book us our own routing.

I called Lufthansa several times and got different answers. On two occasions they said the final destination address needed to be entered and on my last call to the US call center they said it was a bug on the website. My TA called and was told to put our home address in the final destination fields?? The warning is still displayed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Just put in the address of a(ny) hotel at MRS. If it still show a warning, don't worry and have the check-in agent take care at the airport.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks...I'll give it a try to see if it makes any difference. I'm hoping if the warning persists it won't preclude online check-in.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hey high_country,
IMHO you should enter your home address in the US.
European Union immigration does not require you to give an address where you will stay beforehand. However, the US requires an address beforehand for your return trip. At least that is my experience - having a German passport.
Enjoy your trip to Marseille and your cruise!
Have safe travels
Primenumber
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Primenumber. Since I'm a US citizen I shouldn't have to enter my home address but it's entered there anyways, but the warning persists.

Looking forward to the trip!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I experienced this a number of times and could never resolve it for two flights. I know the urge is there to care about this, but simply ignore it. Should it be like this? No. But Lufthansa's internet support team has known about it for a few years now (I know, because I've hounded them about it) but Lufthansa simply doesn't care enough to resolve it.

You have a confirmed reservation. Lufthansa's website is riddled with issues, but this one won't affect your flight. You still have the ability to reserve seats if you so choose, correct? It might prevent you from checking-in online later, BUT, even if you were to be able to check in, you'd still need to face someone at a check-in counter to verify your passport.

Unless this is actually affecting your ability to do something, don't concern yourself with it. Consider it an unwanted salesperson ringing your doorbell. Ignore and press on. And enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:14 am

Well, it is not only LH. I have the issues with SK also all the time. All APIS information filled in, even the KTN. Still insists I need to fill in the APIS or see a check-in agent.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:44 am
Original Poster

>Grog So the video I watched where you could us OLCI and got straight to the gate is pie in the sky...not surprised. lol
We do have confirmed reservations and seat assignments...I hope they don't magically change. Especially our return flight from MUC-DEN we're in HK.

Thanks
Grog likes this.

Last edited by high_country; Aug 17, 2018 at 7:50 am Reason: wasn't done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.