Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in ZRH (LX F)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Transit in ZRH (LX F)

I am arriving off of a long haul F flight from DAR with a 4.5hr layover until my onward connection flight with LX to LHR (all one ticket, both non schengen).

Will I be able to access the E gate First Class lounge in between these flights? Also what are the chances of tarmac transfers?

Thanks for your help
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by CX828
I am arriving off of a long haul F flight from DAR with a 4.5hr layover until my onward connection flight with LX to LHR (all one ticket, both non schengen).

Will I be able to access the E gate First Class lounge in between these flights? Also what are the chances of tarmac transfers?

Thanks for your help
Either you take the car that will be waiting for you upon arrival to A, do passport control and security at the special booth and go to the FCL A (after which you will need to go through passport control again to D), or you go through security at E, then to the FCL E and after the lounge you take the train to D from there, with - I think - another passport control.

The E to D transfer is not one I’m familiar with so I might be wrong with the number of checks.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR

Either you take the car that will be waiting for you upon arrival to A, do passport control and security at the special booth and go to the FCL A (after which you will need to go through passport control again to D), or you go through security at E, then to the FCL E and after the lounge you take the train to D from there, with - I think - another passport control.

The E to D transfer is not one I’m familiar with so I might be wrong with the number of checks.
I haven’t been to the FCL A for a while (has it been refurbished?) but I do love the FCL E. I think it’s worth clearing security to go there on arrival.

From E to D there are two ways. After reaching the main terminal by the skymetro aka Heidi’s if you go through passport control into A, walk through A and go through passport control into D, you will avoids security. Alternatively follow the signs for D which will take you through security into D (but avoid passport control).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MichielR

E to D is either a security control (direct route) or 2x passport control (indirect route), that of course includes entering Schengen area, so it's only feasible for those with unlimited entry right. Ideally EU/EEA/CH citizens with biometric passports (electronic gates are quick)

I certainly recommend FCL E over FCL A. Much nicer experience IMO.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Take the limo which will take you to FCL A.
At the entrance to FCL A tell the lady you want a transfer to FCL E.
You will be driven in another limo from FCL A to FCL E.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by andywaw
With a 4+ Hour layover this sounds like a good plan to me, or simply stay in E and walk to the FCL there. Return to D will have to be via the Heidi train, but the lounge in E is worth it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone for your replies. I am glad to hear it is possible to go to E. Is there anyway in staying in E upon landing or do we have to go over to main terminals to clear passport control?

I certainly will take the advice and spend the long layover at the E lounge, in an ideal world it would be good to land into E, stay in E lounge, then go to A for the flight to London later.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
Thank you to everyone for your replies. I am glad to hear it is possible to go to E. Is there anyway in staying in E upon landing or do we have to go over to main terminals to clear passport control?

I certainly will take the advice and spend the long layover at the E lounge, in an ideal world it would be good to land into E, stay in E lounge, then go to A for the flight to London later.
The FCL in E is outside of Schengen. You can stay in E, just need to go upstairs thru security to the lounge. (Btw if you arrive from a clean destination like the US you don't even need to go thru security there)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
so quick question, forgive my ignorance. I am excited...

I'll be connecting LX to LX. A flight from KBP to a flight to HKG.

Any idea how the transfer process will be? will we get a limo or?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The FCL in E is outside of Schengen. You can stay in E, just need to go upstairs thru security to the lounge. (Btw if you arrive from a clean destination like the US you don't even need to go thru security there)
Ah even more easy. That's perfect. I guess then later on in the day I can move via people mover to the main terminals to catch my flight.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by andywaw
Originally Posted by worldclubber

With a 4+ Hour layover this sounds like a good plan to me, or simply stay in E and walk to the FCL there. Return to D will have to be via the Heidi train, but the lounge in E is worth it.
I don't see a point of taking a somewhat nice car (in the better case) or a Mercedes Vito van (in the worse case) to A and back to E. Presumably if you fly F, you've been in nice cars before, so unless you really want the bragging rights, or you end up in the field and it saves you a bus trip...

The train is just fine and IMO, a good thing to stretch your legs a bit.

(and this is totally OT, but I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Andy for guesting me in. It will take a while before I can get in on my own merit )
andywaw likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Today the LX F welcome service picked us up from our arrival gate at E in a van fitted out in the LX F style which I thought was a pretty cool touch.
Only 8 seats which makes it clear why HONs no longer get picked up if not in F.
Also, they first dropped 7 pax at the A pier passport control, then continued on to drop me at D for my connection to LHR, which I thought was a great touch. FYI I had to clear security when I arrived at D, but not passport control.

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
Today the LX F welcome service picked us up from our arrival gate at E in a van fitted out in the LX F style which I thought was a pretty cool touch.
Also, they first dropped 7 pax at the A pier passport control, then continued on to drop me at D for my connection to LHR, which I thought was a great touch. FYI I had to clear security when I arrived at D, but not passport control.

Yes, it’s a much improved service 👍

Would be even better if they used one of these to shuttle to & from A to E lounges every 15 minutes.
vantage03 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vantage03
It certainly looks like a good service for passengers with a short(ish) connection from A or D gate but in the OP’s situation I’d go straight to the FCL E. Last time I arrived in ZRH in F my flight from HKG docked at a D gate. I had a long layover in ZRH, so took Heidi’s train and went to the FCL E.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It certainly looks like a good service for passengers with a short(ish) connection from A or D gate but in the OP’s situation I’d go straight to the FCL E. Last time I arrived in ZRH in F my flight from HKG docked at a D gate. I had a long layover in ZRH, so took Heidi’s train and went to the FCL E.

Yes, it’s a great improvement.
OP would be best heading straight to E lounge, assuming the arrival is E.

My last inbound from SIN also got a D gate, I used the F bus to A & then they drove me directly to E in a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.