Which LH Metal Do I Want To Fly

Old Aug 12, 18, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, IHG Gold
Which LH Metal Do I Want To Fly

Hello All!

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question, but my flight options home to YVR from DUS in a couple of weeks are different than the usual routing through FRA.

Long and short of it is I can fly A350 via MUC or A330 via EWR. I fly in premium economy. I don't know a lot about these planes as I am an Air Canada person and typically on a 777 or 787 with the occasional LH flight home on a 747.

Any noticeable difference in the aircraft and any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 13, 18, 1:31 am

Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Hello All!

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question, but my flight options home to YVR from DUS in a couple of weeks are different than the usual routing through FRA.

Long and short of it is I can fly A350 via MUC or A330 via EWR. I fly in premium economy. I don't know a lot about these planes as I am an Air Canada person and typically on a 777 or 787 with the occasional LH flight home on a 747.

Any noticeable difference in the aircraft and any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance!
The A350 is newer and quieter, overall the better plane, but no game-changing differences from the A330.

The hard product and location of the PE cabins is near-identical.
Old Aug 13, 18, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
YVR-MUC-DUS allows you to skip clearing US customs, which is always a plus in my opinion.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Aug 13, 18, 4:18 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Products are largely the same and going via EWR is a big detour, you have to deal with pre-clearance, and EWR is a pain. Connecting in MUC is very smooth
Old Aug 13, 18, 4:30 am

I would also choose YVR-MUC-DUS for the better transit experience in MUC and for the newer plane with a quieter cabin and larger windows.
I was very happy with my recent LH A350 Premium Economy flight.
Old Aug 13, 18, 9:57 am

Programs: LX SEN
Seatguru reports an identical seat pitch (38) and width (18) for both metals. A350 is certainly way better. The lounges in MUC are quite good if you have access to them.
Old Aug 13, 18, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
Seatguru reports an identical seat pitch (38) and width (18) for both metals. A350 is certainly way better. The lounges in MUC are quite good if you have access to them.
I certainly do. I will look to book DUS-MUC-YVR as per all of your suggestions. Thanks!
worldclubber likes this.