Wiki Posts
Search

help! [converting Aeroplan or Amex MR to M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:14 am
hln
Original Poster

help! [converting Aeroplan or Amex MR to M&M]

Hi everybody ! i have 70000 aeroplan miles and i would like to convert them into miles and more but i am stuck as no program, as i have searched so far, let me do that. Not even points.com.
Any tips anyone ?
I also have many AMEX points and would like to convert them into Miles and More but again no luck.
Looking for help from the experts...
thank you !
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:16 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I don't think that is possible...
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:54 am

If you reach the posting threshold (~125 posts AFAIR), you can try finding someone on the Coupon Connection forum to book an M&M award for you using their miles and then you can repay the favor by booking something for them with your miles. I may be able to help you out with that as well.
hln likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by hln
Any tips anyone ?
Conversion is practically an impossibility. Even allowed, what you can get will be significantly reduced.

Like currencies, miles are not valued equally. In this case, your best option is to simply use them all, especially given the AP v. AC's new program.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As others have said, this is not possible. Did you consider creating an informative thread title?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:05 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
EDIT: if you can't say something nice yadda yadda
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:25 pm
hln
Original Poster

Sorry, english is not my mother tongue and i am not getting the jokes.

If you find appropriate for me to change the topic name i will, is this what you were hinting?
so that people dont read it since i got my answers. i get it! will do.

As per the other answers, thank you, i see.

And thank you Lack for your offer and tips, i think i could repay with the fam and friends rates for hotel booking connections i have. And also with other miles/ etc.

Thank you all !
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:26 pm
hln
Original Poster

Cannot edit the post name :-/
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
In the US you can convert Amex to SPG points i.e. 60k to 20k and then transfer them to an Airline (for every 20k you get a 5k bonus) so 60k MR to 25k M&M
Not sure if that option is a) available in your country or b) currently available due the Marriott/SPG merger
hln likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by hln
Hi everybody ! i have 70000 aeroplan miles and i would like to convert them into miles and more but i am stuck as no program, as i have searched so far, let me do that. Not even points.com.
Any tips anyone ?
I also have many AMEX points and would like to convert them into Miles and More but again no luck.
Looking for help from the experts...
thank you !
Amex can be transferred to SPG and then to M&M... And I also believe that Amex can be transferred directly to M&M in some countries.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Amex can be transferred to SPG and then to M&M...
Not any more. Last Chance AMEX to SPG
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:35 am
hln
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Amex can be transferred to SPG and then to M&M... And I also believe that Amex can be transferred directly to M&M in some countries.
So, in italy this is what is allowed :

i can transfer m&m :

3 Membership Rewards = 1 Starpoints®
1 Membership Rewards = 1 Punto Hilton Honors
1 Membership Rewards = 2 Gold Points®

not sure what is more worth it ?
it looks like i loose a lot if i transfer them into starpoints....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.