My bad luck, or is LH getting cheap with the Scotch?

Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:07 am
gre
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
My bad luck, or is LH getting cheap with the Scotch?

I fly IAD-FRA/MUC in C about 3X/year.

It seems on every flight (most recently in June) they are either out of single malt or can find just 1 mini. Being a big, thirsty guy, 1 puny single just won't do!

Sometimes the FAs will grab me one out of F, but just 1.

What gives? Am I just unlucky?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by gre

It seems on every flight (most recently in June) they are either out of single malt or can find just 1 mini. Being a big, thirsty guy, 1 puny single just won't do!

File a complaint this is long haul in J & not acceptable, list all of the flights where they had no reasonable stock level.
Hope you also complained to the Purser ?
LH claim .... to be 5* ....
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by gre

It seems you have a problem; the question, though, is which one?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by chris63

File a complaint this is long haul in J & not acceptable, list all of the flights where they had no reasonable stock level.
Hope you also complained to the Purser ?
LH claim .... to be 5* ....
No point. I detailed six flights in two years with issues in First regarding champagne (where they either ran out before take off or inflight) and I was told by the office of the CEO that this is not anything they consider material so no compensation... Lufthansa is just as tacky as British Airways...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SMK77
No point. I detailed six flights in two years with issues in First regarding champagne (where they either ran out before take off or inflight) and I was told by the office of the CEO that this is not anything they consider material so no compensation... Lufthansa is just as tacky as British Airways...
That is bad & hardly consistent with claiming 5* rating as an airline & in F

I have fared much better with adequate compensation for service failures.

The Purser could & should have done something about it at the time, after all there is usually a Scotch offered in the onboard Duty free.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chris63
The Purser could & should have done something about it at the time, after all there is usually a Scotch offered in the onboard Duty free.
LH doesn't sell alcohol in DF anymore...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:23 am

Well, on both my last two F flights (one ex-FRA, one ex-MUC) they didn't bother load the Sylvius Gin as advertised in the menu card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.