Flight change on Brussels Airlines / Tomorrowland

Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Flight change on Brussels Airlines / Tomorrowland

A friend of mine is on the flight from JFK-BRU on July 25 operated by Brussels Airlines (with return flight on July 30). The flight is part of a Global Journey Tomorrowland package (a music festival). She wants to change the departure flight to July 26 and keep the return. The issue is:

- Brussels Airlines' call center is unwilling to make any changes to the ticket, and keeps referring to their Tomorrowland call center.
- The Tomorrowland number doesn't work (calls hang up after a few mins, and also their callback never happens). Their email address is also unresponsive. Also, it only operates between 9am-5pm CET.

I'm wondering if my friend is out of luck and has to buy a new round trip. Here are a few questions:

- Is there any way to have any Star Alliance airline take over the ticket? Does anything happen at T-24 that would make changes possible without involving Tomorrowland?
- If I'm at JFK tomorrow to check in for my flight, is it likely I can change her flight at the airport check-in counter? We're on the same ticket but I'm taking the originally booked flight.
- If she only books a new one-way flight to BRU (i.e. an award flight), how willing is Brussels Airlines to let her take the return flight?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by tomst
- Brussels Airlines' call center is unwilling to make any changes to the ticket, and keeps referring to their Tomorrowland call center.
Yes, that is normal. Airlines will not change the reservations made through third parties.

- Is there any way to have any Star Alliance airline take over the ticket? Does anything happen at T-24 that would make changes possible without involving Tomorrowland?
Well, at the day of departure (not sure the cut-off) the flight/ticket will go under airport control and Brussels Airline could change the ticket - but they won't. At least not without significant costs.... you are asking for a re-booking a day before the departure which means they will probably try to put her in full-fare Y which will be really expensive.

- If I'm at JFK tomorrow to check in for my flight, is it likely I can change her flight at the airport check-in counter? We're on the same ticket but I'm taking the originally booked flight.
You can try, but I guess it won't work.

- If she only books a new one-way flight to BRU (i.e. an award flight), how willing is Brussels Airlines to let her take the return flight?
0. If she doesn't board the outbound the rest of the ticket will be cancelled. Also, consider that usually buying a round trip is much cheaper than a one way.

Assuming there is something really urgent which prevents her from taking the trip tomorrow, I would check with my trip insurance. Hoping you have one?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response! Got lucky on this one and Tomorrowland finally replied today and changed the flight for no charge.
SK AAR and headingwest like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:41 am

Impressive! Hard to believe they could find the same fare bucket and waive the fees... guess they took the additional cost on them as they were so late reacting to your request.

nevertheyless good for you! Enjoy the trip!

and by the way, thanks for update!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.