Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adjusting feeder flight on First Basic (A)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Adjusting feeder flight on First Basic (A)

Hi all.

I have a LH operated and ticketed LHR - FRA feeder in J with 80 mins to connect to onward F (A fare)

I'm wondering what the chances are of changing the feeder to an earlier flight? (There are two earlier flights with plenty of space according to Expert Flyer at the time of writing) I rang the FC Hotline and the chap said he couldn't do it without a 410 change fee as it's a restricted fare, but T-23h I should be able to change my feeder via check in for free, reading on here this doesn't seem to be strictly true?

If that fails, do you think if I got to the airport early enough they might be accommodating?

I'd like to have a bit more time to check out the FCT, having only spent about 15 mins in one of the FCLs last time I connected at FRA.

Many thanks
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Morph90
Hi all.

I have a LH operated and ticketed LHR - FRA feeder in J with 80 mins to connect to onward F (A fare)

I'm wondering what the chances are of changing the feeder to an earlier flight? (There are two earlier flights with plenty of space according to Expert Flyer at the time of writing) I rang the FC Hotline and the chap said he couldn't do it without a 410 change fee as it's a restricted fare, but T-23h I should be able to change my feeder via check in for free, reading on here this doesn't seem to be strictly true?

If that fails, do you think if I got to the airport early enough they might be accommodating?

I'd like to have a bit more time to check out the FCT, having only spent about 15 mins in one of the FCLs last time I connected at FRA.

Many thanks
If you do OLCI on the DAY you should be able to change to an earlier flight, if space is available

Doubt they will help you at LHR unless they need your seat.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Great stuff - Thank you.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: LH HON
Uhm, since when does an A fare allow day of departure changes for free?

whenever i tried that they asked for a recalculation of the ticket which is a couple of thousand euros before the first segment has been flown...

havent tried it in a while so just wondering - have they really added that to the fare rules?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Not really possible to change to the earlier feeder flight at OLCI. There may be a good chance at the airport. At least in Germany I was sucessfull to get an earlier feeder flight to FRA for my flight FRA-JFK in A. But it was a lengthy discussion in DUS and only the supervisor was able to do it by calling the LH ticket service in PORTO! I have my doubts that this will work in LHR, but worth trying. Please let us know the result here.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
Uhm, since when does an A fare allow day of departure changes for free?

whenever i tried that they asked for a recalculation of the ticket which is a couple of thousand euros before the first segment has been flown...

havent tried it in a while so just wondering - have they really added that to the fare rules?
I was told that on the actual day of departure any business class fare is changeable now to an earlier or later flight subject to availability, I was able to change to an earlier flight just two weeks ago on a restricted A fare.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

I was told that on the actual day of departure any business class fare is changeable now to an earlier or later flight subject to availability, I was able to change to an earlier flight just two weeks ago on a restricted A fare.
its definitely not all business class fares. Still can’t comment on that A fare thing though but if it worked for you, thats a good sign
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by chris63

Perhaps because of your HON status. I was booked in A, with the feeder flight in J. I've called LH Sen line many times to change the feeder flight to an earlier time on the same day and they always asked €410. I've also called LH First Class number and they said the same.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:29 am
Original Poster

I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:07 am

Changing to earlier feeder flight for free works if the ticket is a First Class Flex ticket in booking class A, not if the ticket is Saver Plus or Basic Plus. This is one of those things I hate about the (not that) new ticket concept at LH group, you can have a ticket in some booking class but then some other restriction based on what sub-type of ticket you bought in that class....
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Lame. I'll sprint to the FCT have a gummy bear then collapse in the car then. I certainly am shallow enough to want the car transfer by any means necessary.

Thanks for all the responses - I'll still have a go but don't hold out much hope.
Lewis42 and gr8pirate like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
Perhaps because of your HON status. I was booked in A, with the feeder flight in J. I've called LH Sen line many times to change the feeder flight to an earlier time on the same day and they always asked €410. I've also called LH First Class number and they said the same.
Possibly,
been advised to try on the day with OLCI & to call, it did work for me very recently
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morph90
- I'll still have a go but don't hold out much hope.
If you don’t try it won’t happen.

Good luck & please do let us know.

You will still have time for the FCT as long as your feeder is ontime, Enjoy !
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:18 pm

Flew A (Saver) last week and LH would not allow me to change to an earlier feeder flight.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juniordk2000
Flew A (Saver) last week and LH would not allow me to change to an earlier feeder flight.
Ok & how were you trying to do the change, OLCI , F line or Airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.