Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adjusting feeder flight on First Basic (A)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by chris63

There is nothing First Class about their response, did you call the dedicated First hotline ?

Forcing you you down to the MCT wire is ridiculous, it will cost LH nada to meet your reasonable request.
i would make a complaint
It is a bit complicated because it is a LH ticket but flights are LX coded and LX operated, I called LH service line to book the flights, they had to waitlist A flights on LH metal but could confirm on LX metal so I ended up booking the flights on LH plated ticket.
I called the LX senator line, they told me to speak to LH as it is LH ticket. LH says there is no justification to rebook for free as I will make the flight as it is still within MCT and the 25 min schedule change does not warrant rebooking for free.
I agree it is irritating- since there are 4 of us in the booking even 410 GBP change fee will mean a GBP 1600 hit. If they reprice to F we are talking a five figure fare difference.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LonLH
It is a bit complicated because it is a LH ticket but flights are LX coded and LX operated, I called LH service line to book the flights, they had to waitlist A flights on LH metal but could confirm on LX metal so I ended up booking the flights on LH plated ticket.
I called the LX senator line, they told me to speak to LH as it is LH ticket. LH says there is no justification to rebook for free as I will make the flight as it is still within MCT and the 25 min schedule change does not warrant rebooking for free.
I agree it is irritating- since there are 4 of us in the booking even 410 GBP change fee will mean a GBP 1600 hit. If they reprice to F we are talking a five figure fare difference.
LH group are making this complex, not you.

Are you LH or LX SEN ? IME LX are generally better at taking care of their status customers.

suggest you call the dedicated LH F line & point out this is FIRST CLASS travel & they made changes that are not convenient to you or in your best interests

Its in the label, FIRST CLASS & they ..... LH keep banging on about being 5*
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:37 pm

LH group are making this complex, not you.

Are you LH or LX SEN ? IME LX are generally better at taking care of their status customers.

suggest you call the dedicated LH F line & point out this is FIRST CLASS travel & they made changes that are not convenient to you or in your best interests

Its in the label, FIRST CLASS & they ..... LH keep banging on about being 5*
All four pax are LH SENs. I thought this is not material and that they do not differentiate between LH SENs and LX SENs.
I have been spoken to LX ticketing (who fobbed me off saying it is LH issued ticket, so talk to them) and LH SEN line (which was handled in South Africa I think from the accent). I will try to contact LH first line and see what they say.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All four pax are LH SENs. I thought this is not material and that they do not differentiate between LH SENs and LX SENs.
I have been spoken to LX ticketing (who fobbed me off saying it is LH issued ticket, so talk to them) and LH SEN line (which was handled in South Africa I think from the accent). I will try to contact LH first line and see what they say.
LX handles their SEN’s seperately

The CPT call centre is not great

Hope you have a better response from LH F line
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

I was passing through FRAFCL yesterday, spoke to one of the lounge ladies who agreed with me that 55 min connection in ZRH is pushing it (she thinks even 1 hr 20 mins was a bit too much in light of delays on UK inbounds).
She said she will speak to ticketing, and if they can not fix it with LX try to rebook me via FRA on LH metal which is showing F7 A3 now (it was F8 A0 when I booked). Since LX and LH fares are the same and ticket is LH plated she says it should work. Since I had to leave she said she will fix and send me an email if she can't get me on the phone.
Let us see what happens.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:37 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I was passing through FRAFCL yesterday, spoke to one of the lounge ladies who agreed with me that 55 min connection in ZRH is pushing it (she thinks even 1 hr 20 mins was a bit too much in light of delays on UK inbounds).
She said she will speak to ticketing, and if they can not fix it with LX try to rebook me via FRA on LH metal which is showing F7 A3 now (it was F8 A0 when I booked). Since LX and LH fares are the same and ticket is LH plated she says it should work. Since I had to leave she said she will fix and send me an email if she can't get me on the phone.
Let us see what happens.
Quite frankly I disagree with the opinion of the lounge lady. 55min in ZRH is easily doable and not pushing it ime, especially for the evening departures that always wait for the connecting pax.
55min in FRA (or anything under 2 hours), that‘d be insane. Let‘s hope they will get you on an earlier flight throught ZRH, it‘s way easier to transit ZRH than FRA.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art

Quite frankly I disagree with the opinion of the lounge lady. 55min in ZRH is easily doable and not pushing it ime, especially for the evening departures that always wait for the connecting pax.
55min in FRA (or anything under 2 hours), that‘d be insane. Let‘s hope they will get you on an earlier flight throught ZRH, it‘s way easier to transit ZRH than FRA.
That is what I thought, hence the 1 hr 20 min original connection.. For FRA transit from LHR, I always keep a buffer and take the flight earlier and keep at least a good 2 hrs transit even in F.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art

Not my experience, of my last 4 inbounds from U.K. connecting to late flights, with a connection time of 1.05
1 misconnect, 2 direct transfers & one rebooking via FRA.

LX have a lot of issues with CS reliability & Summer Storms, whilst they do hold the LH aircraft for connecting pax, it’s not for long.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:57 am

Not my experience, of my last 4 inbounds from U.K. connecting to late flights, with a connection time of 1.05
1 misconnect, 2 direct transfers & one rebooking via FRA.
Indeed, but the issue is in most cases LHR (or FRA). I'd take a 55min CPH-ZRH-XXX connection without even thinking about it, but for a FRA-ZRH-XXX or LHR-ZRH-XXX I would not go below 1:20-1:30hrs.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
Indeed, but the issue is in most cases LHR (or FRA). I'd take a 55min CPH-ZRH-XXX connection without even thinking about it, but for a FRA-ZRH-XXX or LHR-ZRH-XXX I would not go below 1:20-1:30hrs.
Yes, shortish connections from LHR into FRA or ZRH are not relaxing

In my case, last 4 flights from MAN to ZRH the inbound from ZRH was already late.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yep, being London based I won’t book a connection at FRA/MUC/ZRH with less than 90mins unless it’s the first flight of the day (6/6:30am) connecting to a US destination with a second flight. First flight of the day out of LHR is more reliable. I’m done with misconnecting lol...
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:18 am

This was the last thread I could remember talking about F fares so apologies for hijacking.
I think the SIN fare deals are well documented (I've taken advantage)
But there are really good deals for CDG - HKG. It's only a small positioning flight for me 😁

I was able to book 748 outbound and 380 inbound for a nice mix. Seat 1A on both 😊

Please feel free to move my thread mods

​​​​​​​Edit: I should have asked, can I go to the FCL in MUC on the way home?

Last edited by dsched; Aug 12, 2018 at 10:49 am
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsched
​​​​​​​Edit: I should have asked, can I go to the FCL in MUC on the way home?
Yes, the FCL can be used as a departure as well as an arrival lounge when travelling in F. If you are travelling HKG-MUC-CDG you can enter the FCL (after clearing security) on the non-Schengen level, go through passport control within the lounge and leave the FCL on the Schengen level.
dsched likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:40 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsched
But there are really good deals for CDG - HKG. It's only a small positioning flight for me 😁

I was able to book 748 outbound and 380 inbound for a nice mix. Seat 1A on both 😊
You mean, the outbound was 748€ and the inbound 380€?

When talking about "really good deals" I usually think more about the cost then the plane model... Any chance to fill in?

HTB.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=htb;30075183

When talking about "really good deals" I usually think more about the cost then the plane model... Any chance to fill in?

HTB.[/QUOTE]

First Basic Plus is 3,392 EUR CDG-HKG return 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.