Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your standard missed connection in FRA rant

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You only get a refund if you return home or abandon your journey. You could turn around and fly home now (trip in vain as you appointment in EDI is gone), and get a refund (and enjoy the miles you earned for the round trip to FRA).

Once the trip to EDI is complete you can most certainly claim EU261/04 compensation for extreme delay. The total time counts (ie originally booked arrival time vs actual/final arrival time).
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You only get a refund if you return home or abandon your journey. You could turn around and fly home now (trip in vain as you appointment in EDI is gone), and get a refund (and enjoy the miles you earned for the round trip to FRA).

Once the trip to EDI is complete you can most certainly claim EU261/04 compensation for extreme delay. The total time counts (ie originally booked arrival time vs actual/final arrival time).
Hmm, I see, so in this case I'd get 250 EUR since the flight would be less than 1500 miles. I guess that's fine.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Had something similar happen to me on a MAD-FRA-MAN flight. Our outbound from MAD was delayed for over an hour and 20 on a 1:40 connection time. When we finally landed, they were waiting at the gate for passengers going to BHX,LHR and EDI who all departed at the same time as my MAN flight. They told me they couldn't help me.

Most frustrating airport I've been through, custom or security whatever it was I had to go through was LONG and literally had to run across the entire terminal to catch my flight which was about to close the door.

The BHX flight they gave a bus ride to from my gate was parked next to mine
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I've been transiting FRA for a loooong time and I'm never surprised when a 2+ hour layover becomes a mad dash. I try to allow 3 hours or 1/2 the time of my longest flight as a minimum layover time.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe I should have gone with te crazy SK flight.

Currently waiting for boarding to start and again it has been pushed back indefinetly. The gate has changed five times so we and the gate agents all moved around the airport in this huge crowd XD Absolutely Hilarious.
I’m back in the Maple leaf lounge now and am awaiting a call for boarding (they said they would call)
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
FRA is a proper zoo when it comes to connections. As a FF that travels to South America i got fed up with rushing to the gates. I cant believe that i say it but i have changed my plans and now i fly with Avianca via Bogota. Bogota transit experience is much smoother! Never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ah, so you are more annoyed with yourself than anything else

I hope you got rebooked into C/D/J for the reroute... Also you should ask for the duty of care voucher from the transfer desk: 10€ for food and drink.

PS: LH business class boarding pass will get you into the AC ML lounge.
When did you last try to use the AC lounge when not on an AC flight? I tried it back in April and they said No. Maybe they were full and just blowing me off?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Collierkr
When did you last try to use the AC lounge when not on an AC flight? I tried it back in April and they said No. Maybe they were full and just blowing me off?
I went today and I can cinfirm *A Busines Pax get access and so do *G.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So I finally arrived at my hotel in Edinborough, the FRA-EDI flight I was the last to board as I went back into the Maple leaf lounge to wait. Had a nice chat with the gate agent and boarded only to find the Business Class section 2/3 empty. A321, like six rows of Business for 8 passengers. Had two rows for myself. yay. The final delay was six hours and a few minutes. Was this worth 4000 miles? ehhhh

Definetly worth visiting the Maple Leaf lounge. The conference room is awesome! I had so much work done

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 6, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Nick Art

I went today and I can cinfirm *A Busines Pax get access and so do *G.
ok I wasn’t biz class last time. Maybe that was it.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
I've been transiting FRA for a loooong time and I'm never surprised when a 2+ hour layover becomes a mad dash. I try to allow 3 hours or 1/2 the time of my longest flight as a minimum layover time.
A To B is a little further than a dash!
royng likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I arrived at FRA recently on a 45-minute delayed flight from TXL. This ended up on a remote stand leaving me 15 minutes to connect to a flight to LCA. Quite surprisingly, a van was ready to transfer me directly to the flight with a stop at passport control. Not surprisingly, my two bags did not make it. This is fantastic service for a Y passenger even if *G. Could it have anything to do with LH having to pay out on two EU261 claims over the last few months, or is such service standard?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine
I arrived at FRA recently on a 45-minute delayed flight from TXL. This ended up on a remote stand leaving me 15 minutes to connect to a flight to LCA. Quite surprisingly, a van was ready to transfer me directly to the flight with a stop at passport control. Not surprisingly, my two bags did not make it. This is fantastic service for a Y passenger even if *G. Could it have anything to do with LH having to pay out on two EU261 claims over the last few months, or is such service standard?
It's called RDS alias ramp direct service -as far as I understand- and it does happen quite often, based on availability (roughly 10 vans/50 passengers at a given time). I personally experienced this a number of times (with the evening GDN-FRA service being often late and meaning that I would have missed my last flight to BHX), once I was the only passenger on the bus and merely FTL at the time.

G
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Had also recently a flight GVA - FRA - IAD with layover time of 1:30 or so. First flight was delayed (initially 10 mins, but then we left finally 1h after regular departure time) due to thunderstorms around Frankfurt (although when I landed it was blue sky and sunshine). Obviously got an apron arrival stand and had to go to terminal by bus for 10 mins. That was 15 mins before scheduled departure time of the FRA - IAD flight. The LH app showed me already: you missed your flight, you will be re-booked. Still ran through the terminal - obviously, IAD was the very last Z gate. Arrived, and they let me in since also the IAD flight was delayed due to the thunderstorms (it was still blue sky outside). Eventually, also the IAD flight left 1h late.
However, what was most annoying: despite having 1h between GVA - FRA arriving at the parking stand and FRA - IAD leaving the gate, my (priority) luggage didn't make it. Would have expected better service here... But at least they made up for it by sending it with the next UA flight the same afternoon, so I avoided shopping on Sunday afternoon (as I needed my suit on Monday morning).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.